When a woman becomes a mother for the first time, it becomes difficult for her to understand what to give and what not to give. During this, experienced people keep giving some advice every day, such as turmeric milk (Babies). Although there are many types of spices found in our India, it becomes difficult to decide when to give them to the baby and when not.
Turmeric is a spice that is considered medicinal due to its antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and other healing properties. The mother must be wondering when the baby will get the benefits of this wonderful spice, but there is no need to rush for this.
First of all, know that from which month and in how much turmeric can be fed to the child or can it have any side effects from the health point of view? We will answer similar questions of yours through this article so that you can take advantage of turmeric for your baby’s health at the right time and in the right way.
When Should you give Turmeric Milk to Babies
Before adding turmeric, it is important to know when turmeric should be given to the baby. Perhaps you are not aware that it is not safe to feed turmeric to a newborn baby. It is not safe in any way to give turmeric to the baby until he starts taking solid food.
Usually, babies are started on solid food at six months. But it is mostly advised to include turmeric in the diet from 9 months. It is good to include natural things in your baby’s diet. Therefore, adding turmeric to your baby’s diet at the right time is the right decision. For this, you can also ask the pediatrician when turmeric should be given to the baby. But when you start giving, keep in mind that the child does not have any reaction.
Amount of Intake of Turmeric Milk
As we learned earlier that it is safe to add turmeric to the food when the baby is 9 months old. But in the beginning, turmeric should not be given more than a pinch at all. Feeding turmeric in large quantities to the baby can cause stomach problems.
Turmeric should never be fed directly to the child, but should be mixed with something. For example, turmeric should be consumed only by adding it in milk (turmeric milk), in water or in food. While giving turmeric, only good turmeric should be used or the best option is pure and natural turmeric if grinded and included in the diet, then what will be better than this.
Now you must be thinking that how it will be safe to include quality turmeric in the diet of the child. At the same time, it has to be kept in mind that the thing in which turmeric is fed, it should also be healthy and tasty so that the child can eat it easily.
- The child can be fed by adding a pinch of turmeric to the milk, that is, making turmeric milk.
- Turmeric can also be added to the soup that is made by adding all kinds of vegetables.
- You can feed turmeric by putting it in khichdi.
- If the child likes to eat lentils and rice, then you can use turmeric there too.
It is good to have a pinch of turmeric for the baby, as it not only increases his immunity but also gives relief from many small problems along with stomach related problems. It is well known that the root of turmeric comes from the turmeric plant, which is dried and made into powder.
It is safe for children to use pure turmeric only by grinding it, as it does not lose all the nutrients. Turmeric contains more than three hundred natural components, such as beta-carotene, iron, potassium, zinc, fiber, niacin, zinc etc. Let us now take a look at the benefits of drinking turmeric milk along with some of the benefits of turmeric.
Benefits of Turmeric Milk – Benefits of Drinking Turmeric Milk
1. Helps in wound healing – Turmeric has antiseptic properties, which protects any wound from infection. Due to the benefits of drinking turmeric milk and using it, the wound heals quickly.
2. For the Skin – Turmeric is beneficial for any skin related problem, provided it is pure. Children have a lot of allergy problems, the use of turmeric is very beneficial for this.
3. Helpful in increasing the body’s immunity – It is known to all that the immunity of the baby is very weak. The role of turmeric is important in increasing his immunity. For your information, let us tell you that turmeric contains a component called curcumin, which acts as an immunomodulatory agent.
4. Helps to relieve cough – Turmeric in milk has been used medicinally for centuries to treat cough. If the child does not want to drink turmeric milk, then you can also give it by adding it in water.
By the way, the benefits of turmeric (Babies) or the benefits of drinking turmeric milk are innumerable, as much as it is said to be less. But for sensitive children, excess amount can harm health:
- Consuming turmeric in some children can cause problems like diarrhea, vomiting and nausea.
- Children should not be given turmeric supplement even by mistake, it can cause anemia in them.
- Even children may have kidney problems due to excessive consumption of turmeric.
From the discussion so far, you have already come to know that the consumption of a pinch of turmeric is a good for children, but excessive quantity can become a curse for them. Therefore, to keep children healthy, healthy things should be consumed in healthy quantities.