Top Medical Colleges in India: In this article, we are going to tell you about the best government and private medical colleges in India based on quality of education, research output, industry interface, academic productivity, placement, faculty, and other facilities.
Students who want to make their future in the field of medicine and are dreaming of becoming a doctor, they need to work hard.
Along with this, they also need to pay attention to which college they get their medical degree so that their dream of becoming a doctor can be fulfilled, for this, it is very important for the students to know about good medical colleges.
However, every year, lakhs of students appear for the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to MBBS, BDS and Medical PG Courses from a good medical college, in which the candidates get a seat in a good MBBS / BDS course medical college.
Top Medical Colleges in India
Top Medical Colleges in India, through which students can pursue their future by studying medicine and fulfill the dream of becoming a successful and best doctor. So let’s know about the best medical colleges in India
1. All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
- Establishment: Year 1956
- Racking: First (by National Institute Racking Framework, India Today and Outlook India, 2019)
- Website: https://www.aiims.edu/en.html
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi is the best medical college in the country, providing all the facilities of world class with modern and advanced technology to its students.
This college conducts MBBS course entrance exam at All India level every year. Candidates desirous of taking admission in this college through this exam are given admission in AIIMS Campus in Delhi, Guntur, Jodhpur, Bhopal, Nagpur, Patna, Bhubaneswar, Raipur, and Rishikesh.
After this, admission is given under the counseling process on the basis of merit list. This college offers graduation, masters and PHD courses.
At the same time, students yearn to take admission in this college, because it is the number 1 college in terms of college placement, facilities, faculty all.
2. Armed Forces Medical College
- Established: May 1, 1948
- Admission Process: Must pass AFET, clear AFMC entrance exam.
- Official Website: www.afmc.nic.in
Armed Force Medical College (AFMC) Pune is the first choice for students pursuing a career in the field of medicine.
Candidates desirous of taking admission in this college must pass the AFMC entrance exam. Along with this, the candidates are also required to pass the NEET exam.
At the same time, candidates get an opportunity to study only after meeting the criteria of the eligibility criterion of Armed Forces Medical College. For example, to get admission in the college, a candidate has to bring at least 60 percent number in 12th from any recognized school.
This college offers UG, PG courses in the area of Medkill. AFMC has been ranked among the top three medical colleges in the country by several reputed news magazines. Along with this, it has been accredited by NCC with A ‘grading.
You can also check an interesting article on Talent Q Assessment Answers
3. Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi
- Establishment: 1958
- Campus: 122 acres
- Faculty: 426
- Courses: MD, MS, DM, MBBS, MCH. MSC., Diploma etc.
- Website: http://www.mamc.ac.in/
Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC) ranks among the best colleges in the country in terms of placement, faculty and facilities. To take admission here, it is very important for the students to clear the NEET exam.
Admission in Delhi is provided to UG level programs, MBBS and BDS based on NEET score.
4. Madras Medical College
- Establishment: 1835
- Courses: M.B.B.S, B.P.T, BSC, MD, MS
It is one of the oldest medical colleges in India, which is also a better institute for those who want to pursue a career in the medical field. This college doctor is affiliated to MGR University.
MMC offers many courses including MBBS, BPT, BSC, MD, MS. For admission in this college, students are required to pass the NEET examination, as well as it is necessary to fall on the eligibility criteria of the college.
5. Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Establishment: 1953
- Campus: 648 acres
- Website: https://manipal.edu/kmc-manipal.html
- Courses: MD, MS, MSC, DM, MCH, PHD, M.B.B.S, M.Phill
- Entrance: NEET
KMC is the first private private medical college in the country which has been ranked among the top 5 medical colleges in the country. It has been training medical practitioners since its inception. Admission to this college is also done on the basis of NEET exam. This college provides UG, PG courses in the medical field to the students.
6. University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS), Delhi
- Establishment: 1971
- Affiliated: Delhi University
- Recognition: by Medical Council of India
- Institute: Government
- Website: https://www.ucms.ac.in/
It is a medical college counted in the best medical college of the country which is affiliated to Delhi University. To get admission in this college, students are required to give NEET exam, along with fulfilling the eligibility criteria set by the college. It is compulsory only then they will be able to take admission in this college.
The college offers several UG and PG courses related to the medical field. Along with this the college provides all facilities equipped with modern technology to the students.
7. Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College (GSMC)
- Establishment: 1926
- Courses: Graduate, Postgraduate and Super Specialty Programs
- Website: www.kem.edu
For students pursuing a medical career, taking admission in this college can prove to be a better option. Located in Mumbai, the college is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences.
This college and hospital has many experienced doctors, who provide medical training to students. Admission to this college is also through NEET exam.
The college also offers many super specialty medical programs for its students including graduate, postgraduate.
8. Christian Medical College and Hospital
- Establishment: 1894
- Recognition: Medical Council of India
- College website: https://www.cmcludhiana.in/
- Courses: MD, Diploma, D.M, M.S, M.B.B.S, MCH.
This college is also included in the list of top medical colleges in India. It offers a variety of graduation and post graduation programs to its students. Admission to this college is also through NEET.
9. Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Establishment: 1900
- Private or Governmental: Private Research Institute
- Admission Criteria: NEET UG: MBBS, NEET PG: MD & MS Computer Based Test /
- Assessment Test / Interview for other courses
- Website: https://www.cmch-vellore.edu/
Christian Medical College (CMC) is located in Vellore, Tamil Nadu, which is affiliated to Dr. MGR Medical University, Tamil Nadu. The college provides various UG, PG and doctoral courses related to medicine, surgery and nursing for the students.
CMC offers 64 courses in Vellore, 6 streams such as – Medical, Paramedical, Pharmacy, Nursing, Science, Dental and 12 degree courses like MBBS, BSC, BPT, BOT, MD etc.
10. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)
- Establishment: 1964
- Campus: 192 acres
- Rating: AAAA
- Faculty: 326
- Official website: www.jipmer.edu.in
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) is a very good medical college in terms of reading and learning new things on campus. Which offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
JIPMER in 37 different subjects MBBS., BSC, MSC, M.D / M.S degree offers. Admission to all the courses in this college is through JIPMER entrance exam, entrance exam is conducted online in various centers.
11. Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi
- Establishment: 1916
- Campus: 68 acres
- Website: http://lhmc-hosp.gov.in/
If you want to make a career in medical field, then taking admission in Lady Harding Medical College can prove to be a better option for your future.
To get admission in this college, it is very important to qualify NEET. Along with this, the candidates will also have to take care of the eligibility criteria of the college. The college offers UG and PG courses to its students.
Let me tell you that earlier this college was named Queen Mary College and Hospital, but later it was changed to Lady Harding Medical College after the name of the college’s founder, Lady Harding.
12. Grant Medical College – Mumbai
- Establishment: 1845
- Courses: MD, MS, M.Pharm, M.B.B.S, B.P.T, BSC, M.Ch, D.M., M.Sc.
- Admission: NEET
This may be the best option for students who want to pursue a career in the medical field. It is one of the oldest medical colleges in India and Asia in terms of medical studies. It is connected to four JJ Group Hospitals in South Mumbai.
This college also offers all medical related graduation and postgraduate programs. To take admission in this college, it is very important to pass the NEET exam.
13. King George’s Medical University – Lucknow
- Establishment: 2002
- Recognition: NIRF, DCI, NAAC, MCI, INC, UGC
- Campus Area: 1000000 Square Meters
- Entrance exam: UGC NET, NEET, NEET PG,
- Courses: PHD, MBBS, MD, MCH, MDS, DM, MS, MHA, BDS, BSC.
- Website: www.kgmu.org
King George Medical College was upgraded to the university and re-established in 2002 by the UP government. Whereas it was mainly founded in the year 1999.
It is one of the best medical colleges in the country. At the same time for many years this medical university was known as Pati Sahuji Maharaj Medical University.
The university consists of several other departments including the Department of Ophthalmology, Surgery, Pediatric and Neurology. To get admission in this college, it is necessary to clear NEET.
14. Bangalore Medical College (BMC), Bangalore
- Establishment: 1955
- Campus: 200 acres
- Affiliation: Rajiv Gandhi Health Science University
It is the only college in Bangalore that is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi Health Science University. The college also offers a number of medical-related undergraduate and postgraduate courses, including Super specialty Courses.
Many hospitals are attached to this college including Victoria Hospital, Minto Eye Hospital.
In this, facilities are equipped with modern technology for medical students.
Apart from these, the names of other medical colleges included in the list of top 100 of the country are given below, which are as follows:
- St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore
- Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- Institute of Medical Sciences, Varanasi
- Amrita Institute of Medical Science and Research Institute, Kochi
- B.J. Medical College and Sassoon Hospital, Pune (B.J. Medical College and Sassoon Hospital, Pune)
- Neel Ratan Sarkar Medical College and Hospital (NRS), Kolkata
- Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Kolkata
- MS Ramaiya Medical College, Bangalore
- Stanley Medical College (SMC), Chennai
- Chhatrapati Sahuji Maharaj Medical University, Lucknow
- Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College Mumbai
- Institute of Medical Science, Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
- Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai
- Government Medical College, Nagpur
- Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh
- Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), Ranchi
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (JNMC) Belgaum
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
- Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal
- NKP Salve Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center, Nagpur
- KJ Somaiya Medical College, Mumbai
- Al-Amin Medical College, Bijapur
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur
- Narayan Medical College, Nellore
- LLRM Medical College, Meerut
- Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- Vaidhi Institute of Medical Science and Research, Bangalore
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
- MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Puducherry Institute of Medical Science, Puducherry
- Indira Gandhi Medical College Shimla
- Bharti Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical College, Pune
- Kovai Medical Center Research and Educational Trust (KMCH), Coimbatore
- Government Medical College, Aurangabad
- Era Medical College, Lucknow
- Mahatma Gandhi Mission Medical College, Aurangabad
- Padmashri Dr. DY Patil Medical College, Pune
- Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, Hyderabad
- Pt BD Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak
- Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences, Ahmednagar
- GSVM Medical College, Kanpur
- Medical College Baroda (MCB), Vadodara
- Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi
- MGM Medical College, Indore
- Azizia Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Kollam
- Gian Sagar Medical College and Hospital, Patiala
- NRI Medical College, Guntur
- Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore
- Vardhman Mahaveer Medical College, Delhi
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College, Jabalpur
- Government Medical College, Surat
- Baseshwara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga
- Government Medical College, Jammu
- Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Medical College, Rajkot
- Goa Medical College and Hospital, Goa
- Terna Medical College and Hospital, Navi Mumbai
- AN Magadh Medical College, Gaya
- Pt. JNM Medical College, Raipur
- Mrs. NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad
- Guwahati Medical College and Hospital (GMC), Guwahati
- Silchar Medical College and Hospital, Silchar
- Raja Rajeshwari Medical College, Bangalore
- Sri Aurobindo Institute of Medical Sciences, Indore
- Government Medical College Patiala
- Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Medical Education Trust Medical College
- Shri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Amritsar
- JJM Medical College, Davangere
- Government Medical College, Kottayam
- Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan
- Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), Hubli
- Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center, Kanchipuram
- Maharishi Markandeshwar Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Ambala
- Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Medical College, Rajkot
- KMCT Medical College, Kozhikode
- Calicut Medical College, Calicut
- SDM Medical College, Dharwad
- Sevatha Medical College, Chennai
- Padmashri Dr. DY Patil Medical College, Mumbai
- Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai
- Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar
- Jubilee Mission Medical College and Research Institute, Thrissur
- Adesh Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Bathinda
- KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
By taking admission in medical courses in the above colleges, not only students can fulfill their dream of becoming doctors but can also build their better future.
Request: If you like Top Medical Colleges in India, then do share Facebook, WhatsApp and any social media platform and Friends.