Tips for Normal Delivery: After a few days of becoming pregnant, the question arises in the mind of the woman whether she will have a normal delivery or a caesarean. Usually doctors also recommend normal delivery because it does not harm your health in the future. But still, many times the option of C section delivery is chosen if there is some kind of problem or the woman has less ability to bear the pain.
Even though the woman has to experience more pain somewhere in normal delivery, still it is a better option in terms of health. Let’s know easy tips for normal delivery:
- Exercise for normal delivery.
- Do yoga
- Keep weight under control.
- get plenty of sleep.
- Focus on eating.
- Do exercises related to the pelvic area.
- Try deep breaths.
Tips for Normal Delivery
In this case, the mode of delivery depends on many things in the last trimester, such as the position of the baby, its weight, mother’s weight, mother’s health etc. But still, by adopting some small tips during pregnancy, you can increase the chances of having a normal delivery. Know what are those tips: Tips for Normal Delivery.
1. Exercises for Normal Delivery
The birth of a healthy child is linked to the health of the mother. There are many such small exercises during pregnancy, due to which the blood circulation in your body is good and the pelvic joints of the pregnant woman are opened, due to which the chances of normal delivery are increased, as well as at the time of delivery. The pain also lessens.
These are some similar exercises that you can do during pregnancy.
1. Take a walk
Walking or jogging is a great exercise for a pregnant woman. It not only relaxes the body but also makes the body flexible which is helpful in normal delivery. Some things to keep in mind while traveling:
- According to the NHS guidelines, a pregnant woman should walk for about 150 minutes a week, which is equivalent to 30 minutes a day.
- Wearing sports shoes while traveling, avoid wearing slippers or sandals of any kind, in which there is a possibility of pain in your feet as well as there is a higher risk of you falling in it.
- Lack of water in pregnancy can cause problems for both you and the baby, so carry a water bottle with you while traveling.
2. Kegel Exercise
Doing Kegel exercises during pregnancy strengthens the pelvic muscles. Doing Kegel exercises during pregnancy reduces the pressure on the urinary bladder. According to doctors, after delivery, about 70 percent of women have to deal with problems like controlling urine. In this situation, doing Kegel exercises is a better option.
How to do Kegel exercises
- For Kegel exercise, first lie down on your back on the ground.
- Now bend the knees and keep the toes at a distance from each other. Now contract the vaginal and anal muscles in such a way as to block urine.
- Stay in this position for about 4-5 seconds and then slowly come back to this position. You can do this exercise two to three times a day.
3. Squat exercise
Squat exercise in pregnancy is very beneficial for your lower body. With regular squats, you can reduce labor time.
How to do squat for normal delivery.
- First of all, open your feet to shoulder width. Now join the palms by placing your hands in front of the shoulders.
- After this, take a light breath and bend your hips. It should be as if you are sitting on a chair. Hold for a second and stand up again while exhaling.
- Place your elbows on the inside of the thigh and squat, pushing lightly to open your hips.
While coming up, press the floor with your fingers, so that you are supported to return to the starting position.
4. Pelvic Stretches Exercises
Pelvic stretching exercises in the third trimester of pregnancy are very important for a normal delivery. This exercise is very beneficial in opening up the pelvic area.
How to do pelvic stretch exercises.
- First of all, sit on the ball with the back straight.
- Then place your feet on the ground a little wider than shoulder width apart.
- Now start pulling your pelvis by moving it back and forth a bit. Repeat this process 20 times. Keep in mind that if you do not have a ball, then you can also do ball exercise by placing a pillow on the chair.
Swimming is a very good exercise during pregnancy, because swimming can easily support your increased weight. You do not feel your increased weight under water and can relax easily.
Precautions to be taken while exercising during pregnancy
- While exercising in the last stage of pregnancy, 9th month, definitely consult a doctor. Your doctor will help you choose the right exercises and provide guidance on how to perform them safely.
- For normal delivery, in the 9th month of pregnancy, do only such exercises which are of low impact. This means not putting too much pressure on your ligaments and joints during pregnancy.
- In the last month of the third trimester, pregnant women should avoid doing such exercises which have more body movements. Set a pace and work out based on that.
During pregnancy, women should try not to exercise for a long time.
- During this, pregnant women should wear loose fitting clothes. Especially comfortable shoes should be worn during exercise, because shoes help to maintain your posture right, so that the body does not become unbalanced.
- Wear a good quality sports bra during exercise. Let us tell you that in the last months of this pregnancy, there is an increase in breast, so wearing a sports bra is comfortable.
- To avoid falling in the position of exercising, exercise on a flat place also.
- It is important for pregnant women to drink plenty of water during exercise.
- Exercise in pregnancy only one hour after eating food.
2. Make Pregnancy Yoga a Habit
The practice of yoga asanas is recommended from the fourth month to the ninth month of pregnancy. Yoga not only relieves stress, but also relieves pain during childbirth. So let us know which yoga will be beneficial to do during pregnancy. Yes, but before doing yoga asanas, please consult your doctor.
- Butterfly Asana– It increases flexibility in the body.
- Anulom-Vilom– Increases blood circulation.
- Parvatasana – Relieves back pain.
- Ustrasana– Strengthens the spine.
- Shavasana– Helps in maintaining mental peace.
3. Control Weight
Weight gain is a common thing in pregnancy, the weight of a woman can increase by 10 to 12 kg in a normal pregnancy. Control excessive weight gain as it can cause high blood pressure, fatigue and problems during delivery. If your weight is increasing at a faster rate than normal, then do not do any home remedy yourself, but consult your doctor.
4. Perineum Massage
Massaging the perineum should be started in the seventh month of pregnancy. In this, the area between the vagina and the anus has to be massaged. You can do this with the help of your thumb. This massage works to reduce labor pain and relieve stress.
- Foods to Avoid During Breastfeeding
- Ajwain after Pregnancy
- Yoga After Pregnancy
- About Normal Delivery
- Postpartum Stress
5. Stay away from stress
Stress during pregnancy is not good for both you and your baby. The more stress you stay away from, the better it is for your delivery. You can take some measures to stay away from stress.
- listen to music of your choice: Listening to relaxing music of your choice for about 30 minutes a day, music is an easy way to keep stress away.
- Read good books: Read good and positive books during pregnancy, if you want, you can read a book of any author of your choice or you can also choose books related to pregnancy like Ayurvedic Garbhasanskar, What to do when you are about to become a mother.
- Do meditation: Meditation makes you strong both emotionally and physically. Therefore, keep the habit of meditation in pregnancy, you can join any class if you want.
6. Deep Breathing
Deep breathing exercises during pregnancy are helpful in relieving your stress. Doing deep breathing exercises regularly will make you feel better and you will be able to feel very relaxed during the last time of delivery.
How to do Deep Breathing Exercise.
- To do the deep breathing exercise, sit on the mat with your back straight.
- Now place one hand on your chest and the other on your stomach.
- Close your eyes and breathe slowly.
- Now exhale slowly. Repeat this process 20 to 30 times every day. Try to breathe in through the nose and exhale through the mouth. If you feel uncomfortable anywhere, stop exercising immediately.
7. Education and Support
It is very important to be aware of things during pregnancy. In such a situation, you can join birthing classes in which you get all the tips for getting a normal delivery, information about proper weight and many more tips.
Along with this, stay connected with some pregnancy group, in such a situation, if you meet mothers like you, then your stress goes away and minor problems also get resolved.
8. Sleep Well
According to research, women who do not get 7 to 8 hours of sleep in the last month of pregnancy are more likely to have a C section delivery. In the last trimester of pregnancy, be aware of your sleep, take 7 to 8 hours of sound sleep.
9. Take special care of diet
There is hardly any need to explain the importance of your diet during pregnancy, good food is both important and beneficial for both you and your baby.
In such a situation, there are some food items that if you include in your diet, then they can be helpful in normal delivery. Such as:
- Oranges and Citric Fruits
- Sweet potato
- eggs and low-fat meats
- Broccoli, Spinach and Green Vegetables
- Pulses, Cereals and Oats
- fiber rich diet
Keeping all these things in mind, you can make your delivery easy. All these methods will help you a lot for normal delivery. Apart from this, do not forget to take the advice of a doctor to make normal delivery easier.
Request: If you like Tips for Normal Delivery, then do share Facebook, WhatsApp and any social media platform and Friends.