Many women have problems with excessive bleeding during periods (menstrual problems). In medical language, this problem is called menorrhagia. In this, there is abnormally heavy bleeding during periods or periods last for a long time. Because of this, today in this article we will tell you about the remedies, methods and tips to reduce bleeding during periods (means to reduce excessive bleeding in menstruation).
Cause to heavy bleeding, you may need to change pads or tampons every 2 to 3 hours during periods (Cause to a vaginal infection). Apart from this, there may be constant pain in your stomach, fatigue, breathlessness or nervousness etc.
Causes of Heavy Bleeding during Periods
There can be many reasons behind excessive bleeding (Cause to excessive bleeding in periods) in menstruation (cleaning of private part). Some of them are as follows:
- Sometimes, due to hormonal imbalance, there is no egg production during menstruation and due to this, menorrhagia occurs. Apart from this, if the menstrual cycle comes without ovulation, then it is called anovulation.
- Hormones are not released due to ovary disease. Because of this bleeding increases.
- Uterine folips increase hormone levels but if this does not happen, bleeding increases.
- Cancer in the uterus or cancer in the ovaries can also cause more bleeding.
- Due to genetic diseases, this problem can be seen from one generation to another.
How to Stop Heavy Bleeding during Periods Home Remedies
If you also have excessive bleeding during the period (important facts related to the vagina), then you can also take the help of the following home remedies. With the help of these tips, you can reduce the excessive bleeding that occurs during the menstrual cycle. Along with this, these remedies can also help to some extent in providing relief in pain.
Apple Vinegar will Help
If you are having excessive bleeding during periods, then you can also use apple cider vinegar to stop it. It helps in flushing out the toxins from your body and also helps in balancing the hormones. It also reduces stomach ache, headache and fatigue etc.
How to Use Apple Vinegar
- Mix one or two teaspoons of raw and unsweetened apple cider vinegar in a glass of water.
- Now drink this mixture.
- For best results, drink this mixture thrice a day during the period.
If there is heavy bleeding during periods, you can use cold compresses. For this, cold compresses will cause vasoconstriction, which means narrowing of the blood vessels. This will result in less blood flow. Along with this, the pain in the lower part of the stomach will also reduce.
How to Use Cold Compress
- First, wrap some ice cubes in a towel.
- Now tie the towel.
- Keep it on your lower abdomen for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After placing the ice on the lower abdomen, lie down comfortably for some time.
- If needed, you can use it again after 4 hours.
Sheera is Beneficial
Sheera also proves to be very useful in reducing bleeding during periods (home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding). In fact, it contains a high amount of iron, which helps in the production of red blood cells and maintains blood volume, which decreases during periods. Along with this, blood clots are reduced and there is relief in pain in the muscles of the uterus.
- First of all, mix two spoons of sheera in a little hot water or milk.
- Drink this mixture at least once a day.
- You mix half a tablespoon of molasses in a glass of lemongrass tea.
- Now drink this mixture in the morning and at night before sleeping.
- Repeat this remedy for a few months for best results.
Use Red Raspberry to Reduce Bleeding
Red raspberry leaves are very beneficial for women suffering from excessive bleeding due to heavy menstrual bleeding. They contain tannins, which help strengthen the muscles of the uterus. It also helps in reducing the pain in the lower abdomen.
Use Red Raspberry in this Way
- Put a tablespoon of dried red raspberry leaves in a cup of hot water.
- Now cover the pot and boil the water for ten minutes.
- Filter this mixture and drink it.
- Try drinking this mixture three times a day.
- If you want, you can start drinking it a week before the period starts and keep drinking
- it during the period as well.
Fenugreek Seeds will Benefit
According to Ayurveda, fenugreek seeds help a lot in reducing excessive bleeding during periods. It also improves the functions of the uterus and helps in balancing the hormones in the body.
How to Use Fenugreek Seeds
- First of all, mix one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in two cups of water.
- Boil it till the mixture reduces to half.
- Now filter this mixture and after filtering add some amount of honey to it.
- Drink the lukewarm mixture and drink it two to three times a day even during periods.
Cinnamon is also considered effective for reducing periods. This herb reduces bleeding in the uterus. In addition, its anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties help relieve cramps.
- Mix a teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a cup of warm water.
- Boil it well for some time.
- Now add honey to this mixture and drink it twice a day.
- Drink the mixture of cinnamon bark three drops twice a day.
Eat a Diet rich in Iron
Iron is a very good mineral for women, which also helps to overcome the deficiency of anemia. It also helps in reducing heavy menstrual bleeding.
- For this, you can consume green vegetables, legumes, pumpkin seeds, egg yolk, red meat, raisins, plums and lentils which are rich in iron etc.
- You can also consume supplements after talking to the doctor.
Magnesium rich Food
Magnesium is a very important mineral for balancing hormones like progesterone and estrogen in women. Along with this, magnesium deficiency can also cause excessive bleeding during periods (excessive bleeding in periods). For this reason, you should eat a diet rich in magnesium.
- For magnesium-rich food, eat oats, nuts, and avocados.
- If you want, you can also take magnesium supplements after consulting a doctor.
Some Other Ways to Reduce Bleeding during Periods
- Note the amount of bleeding you are having during periods
- Always carry one or more than two pads or tampons with you.
- If you have pain in the lower abdomen during periods, use a hot bottle to compress the stomach.
- Drink green tea daily.
- Take a bath with lukewarm water, it will relax the muscles.
- Get maximum rest.
- Massage your waist with coconut or olive oil.
- Include zinc, calcium, vitamin B6, vitamin K etc. in your diet.
- Take at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep.
- Do not lift heavy weights during periods.
Use Menstrual Cups for Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
The specialty of menstrual cups is that they store more blood than any common sanitary pad and are reusable.
Sanfe Perfect Fit Duo – Medium And Large Menstrual Cups
Sirona’s Menstrual Cups are made of medical grade silicone and are ideal to use for heavy flow or heavy menstrual bleeding. It gives you leak proof protection for 8 to 10 hours. If you are also troubled by changing pads frequently due to heavy flow, then Sirona’s Menstrual Cups are useful for you. They can be used for up to 8 hours, they are very economical as well as being sustainable because you can use them for ten years if kept properly.
Are Tampons Effective for Heavy Flow?
There are many reasons for excessive bleeding in periods, such as there is more period in the initial days of the period. Sometimes the imbalance of different types of hormones in the body is also caused due to excessive bleeding in periods. If you experience heavy menstrual bleeding during periods, use tampons instead of sanitary pads.
Sirona Super Plus Heavy Flow Tampons with Applicator – 16 Pieces
Sirona’s tampons hold more blood than any sanitary pad and are easy to insert when combined with the applicator.
- Home Remedies to Remove Private Part Hair
- Home Remedies for Menstrual Pain
- Menstrual Cycle: Know How to Menstrual Cycle Process Happens?
Questions and Answers related to Heavy Bleeding in Periods
Q1. What to do if there is excessive bleeding during period?
If you are bleeding heavily during your period, you can compress your lower abdomen with ice. This reduces bleeding.
Q2. How long does bleeding last in periods?
Every woman’s menstrual cycle is different. Some women bleed for 2 to 3 days, while others bleed for 5 to 7 days.
Q3. What is the reason for intermittent periods?
Uterine disorders, hormonal imbalances, nutritional deficiencies in the diet and excessive stress or labor can cause periods to stop.