Just like eating food is our need, drinking water is very important for our body. By drinking water, we protect our body from many diseases. Generally we should drink a lot of water but should we drink water during pregnancy. If yes, how much and when should I drink it? This question is in the mind of every pregnant, so let us know when and how much water we should drink during pregnancy. (How Much Water should a Pregnant Woman Drink)
Benefits of Drinking Water During Pregnancy
1. Drinking water during pregnancy is very important because if there is a lack of water in the body then we can have many types of problems such as headache, nausea, cramps, swelling of hands and feet and dizziness, dehydration. There is a risk to the life of the child during normal delivery
2. During pregnancy, your body undergoes many changes, which require more water to complete. The need for water is higher after 3 months as lack of water can trigger contractions and cause premature labor.
3. During pregnancy, every woman must drink at least 2 to 3 liters of water in a day. It is necessary to maintain healthy blood cells and to keep the body hydrated and fluid.
4. One way to detect the lack of water in the body of pregnant women is to test the color of urine. Due to lack of water, the color of urine starts appearing more dark yellow than light yellow, so it is important that we drink more water.
5. Lack of water also increases the risk of urinary tract infection, which is common during pregnancy. So drink as much water as you can.
6. Water helps to keep the body of the pregnant woman cool, especially when the woman is pregnant in the heat. If you are pregnant during summer then it is very important to drink water because sweating on summer days removes the fluid which is necessary to fulfill it.
7. For nine months in the womb, the baby lives in the bag of amniotic fluid, which is made from fluid water and the food juice that goes into the baby’s body goes through water, so it is very important to drink water. Be sure to get information from the doctor about how much amniotic acid should be in pregnancy.
How Much Water should a Pregnant Woman Drink
- During pregnancy, every woman must drink at least 2 to 3 liters of water in a day.
- Drink a glass of lukewarm water in the morning.
- If you are exercising, then a glass of water should be added to it.
- Water should be drunk half an hour before and after eating food.
- Do not drink too much water at once. Drink water slowly and or drink some water at a time.
- If you like to drink less water, then you can also consume fruit juice, but you need to keep in mind how many calories are in it. You can also leave a slice of lemon or mint leaves in it for a while so that the taste becomes good. One can also taste cardamom, fennel, coriander or ginger but only a little.
Precaution While Drinking Water During Pregnancy
- If you don’t have a filter in your house, drink water after boiling it. By which you will be protected from bacterial infection.
- If you are going out or in a hotel, then drink water only after buying a sealed or bottled water. And it must be seen that when the water is packed and for how long it can be used.
- Coffee, cola and tea contain high amounts of caffeine, which is a diuretic. Don’t consider it a part of your fluids. One can also have caffeine-free coconut water, lemonade, lassi, buttermilk, milk shake and jaljeera water.
- If you like to drink ice water, then keep ice at home. Do not bring snow from outside. Because the snow outside may contain contaminants. Which can cause problems for you and your baby.
- Drinking soda-rich water or gas-rich water causes burning, gas, and acidity.
The above information was about how much water to drink during pregnancy. Drink as much water as you can during pregnancy. This will help you in protecting your child from various diseases. Apart from water during pregnancy, you should also drink other types of home-made soups and juices.
- Pregnancy Mood Swings
- Home Remedies for Cold During Pregnancy
- Books to Read During Pregnancy
- Crying During Pregnancy
- Back Pain During Pregnancy
- Gas During Pregnancy
- Foods To Eat During Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Food to Avoid
Request: If you like How Much Water should a Pregnant Woman Drink, then do share Facebook, WhatsApp and any social media platform and Friends.