Piles after Pregnancy: During pregnancy, a woman goes through many physical problems, but these problems do not subside even after delivery. Piles after delivery is one of the problems that a woman faces after delivery. Hemorrhoids are also called piles. Piles is a condition of the body called when the blood cells of the tube connecting the rectum and anus become swollen. These swollen tubes may also come out during defecation. Hemorrhoids cause pain and many other problems.
This problem is seen in about thirty percent of women after one month of pregnancy. It has also been found that about one in forty women suffer from piles after pregnancy. If you have hemorrhoids, you can feel small lumps on the inside, outside or side of your anus, which are painful. Not only this, it is also normal for them to bleed at the time of defecation. Know what are the causes of hemorrhoids after pregnancy and what are the ways to get relief from it.
Causes of Piles after Pregnancy
Constipation is the biggest cause of piles. Due to constipation, the process of the intestines is not completed properly, due to which piles occurs. After delivery, milk is formed in the breasts, this also increases constipation. Constipation is very common in pregnancy. But excessive constipation can be the main cause of piles.
2. Due to pregnancy
During pregnancy, when the size of the uterus increases, the pressure in the pelvic area increases, due to which the blood pressure also increases. Due to this, the veins of the woman swell due to which they itch or may even bleed. This condition persists even after pregnancy.
3. Due to delivery
During delivery, when pregnant women force the baby to come out, it affects their anus. Due to this, the problem of hemorrhoids can be caused after delivery.
4. Progesterone hormones
After pregnancy, due to the increased level of progesterone hormone, the veins become swollen and diseases like piles occur. Along with this, women who are already complaining of hemorrhoids, they are more likely to have this problem during or after pregnancy.
Symptoms of Piles
- bleeding after bowel movement
- lump on anus
- mucus discharge after defecation
- itching or burning in or around the anus
- swelling around the anus
- Not being able to sit or lie down in the same position (there is more difficulty in sitting)
- urge to have a bowel movement even after a bowel movement
Home Remedies of Piles After Delivery
1. Fluid Intake
It is common to have piles after delivery. Whether you have the problem of hemorrhoids in pregnancy or after, in both the cases, you should consume more and more fluids. Drink as much water as you can. The more water you drink, the more you will get relief from this problem.
2. Do exercise
Make exercise and yoga a part of your daily routine. Exercising will not only keep you healthy but you will also get rid of piles. However, after delivery and during pregnancy, you should do light exercise and consult a doctor.
Include fiber-rich foods in your diet such as green vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, oatmeal etc. By consuming a diet rich in fiber, you will get easier bowel movement, which will give relief from the problem of constipation. Avoid excessive consumption of caffeine like tea, coffee etc.
4. Stool related precautions
When you have the urge to have a bowel movement, use the bathroom immediately. Delay in bowel movement also encourages this disease. It is believed that doing so can cause even more discomfort in bowel movements. Along with this, whenever you are passing bowel movements, do not exert too much force, but wait for a while. If the problem of hemorrhoids is to be avoided, then one should not sit or stand in one position for a long time, this increases the problem of piles, in such a situation, one should keep changing his position.
5. Other Solutions for Hemorrhoids After Delivery
- If you are having more problems with piles, then apply ice pack or water-soaked cloth on the place of your anus, it provides relief from pain. Putting lukewarm water in a tub and sitting in it also provides relief from the pain caused by piles.
- After bowel movement, use water instead of toilet paper for the anal area. Use Indian style instead of western style toilet seat.
- Baking soda is useful in removing skin related problems. This reduces the pain caused by piles. You can also use it on the affected area.
- To remove or reduce piles after delivery, definitely consult a doctor. There are many other medicines available in the market along with indigenous, but if you have this problem then do not take any medicine without expert advice. Usually doctors give a cream which has to be applied on the affected area.
- If this does not make any difference, then injection is given, due to which the lumps in the piles are dried. Along with this, the doctor also has many other treatment methods.
- Home Remedies For Fever During Pregnancy
- Sweating During Pregnancy
- Labor Pain
- Problems faced during pregnancy
- Last Month of Pregnancy
- How Much Rest is Needed After Normal Delivery
Pay special attention to the cleanliness of your anal area if you have piles disease. This reduces infection and itching. Along with this, refrain from eating more chili spices and fried roasted food. Do not ignore the problem of piles lightly and if you see its symptoms, then immediately consult a doctor and start treatment because the sooner the treatment starts, the sooner it gives relief.