New Delhi: A PIL has been moved in the Delhi High Court alleging that WhatsApp is violating right to privacy and is a threat to national security.
The petition listed on Thursday before an SC bench challenged WhatsApps recent Terms and Privacy updation and has sought immediate halt on the company’s terms and conditions.
1. WhatsApp cannot see your private messages or hear your calls and neither can Facebook.
2. WhatsApp does not keep logs of who everyone is messaging or calling.
3. WhatsApp cannot see your shared location and neither can Facebook.
4. WhatsApp does not share your contacts with Facebook.
5. WhatsApp groups remain private.
6. You can set your messages to disappear.
7. You can download your data.
On Monday, concerned at private group chat links being available on Google Search, WhatsApp said that they have asked Google not to index such chats and advised users not to share group chat links on publicly accessible websites. Google had indexed invite links to private WhatsApp group chats, meaning anyone can join various private chat groups with a simple search.