If you want to open a savings account in the post office, then you do not need to do much for this. And in today’s time, the government is also providing many facilities in almost all the post offices. If you do not have any type of bank account and you want to open your bank account, then you can open your bank account in post office.
Opening an account in the post office can be beneficial for us. Nowadays the government of our country is also giving a lot of priority to the Indian Post Office, and now the government has made complete planning to reach most of the schemes through the post office to the beneficiaries. And in today’s time, it is mandatory for everyone to have an account in their post office.
Today we are going to provide you step by step detailed information on how to open an account in the post office in this article and if you were looking for information on this topic, then definitely read this important article of ours till the end.
How to Open Savings Account in Post Office?
Any adult or minor person can easily open a savings account in the post office and take advantage of it. You can open only one account in any post office. You do not need to do much to open a savings account in a post office, you have to go to your nearest post office and then get the post office saving account opening form from there, and then fill this application form with the necessary information. Have to deposit. Let us now understand it in a little more detail.
Joint account can also be opened in post office
It is also easy to open a joint account in the post office and two-three people can open a joint account together. If someone has a single account with the post office, then he can get the account converted into his joint account also. To open a joint account, two passport size photographs of the individual and all types of documents related to identity and address will be required.
Account can be opened in the post office for just ₹ 20
You can easily open your account in the post office for just ₹ 20, and you can make cash withdrawal or deposit whenever you want. If you want to take check then you have to deposit at least ₹ 500 and if you already have an account and now you want to take check, then you have to get your check issued by depositing ₹ 500.
What are the Documents Required to open an account in the post office?
To open your account in post office savings account, you will need some important documents and without those documents you will not be able to open your post office account. Let us know about the documents required to open an account in the post office which are as follows.
- You will need Aadhar card to open an account in the post office.
- Even without voter certificate, you cannot open your account in the post office.
Your photo should be in the combined ration card.
- If you want, you can also use your passport to open an account at the post office.
- With the help of a driver’s license, you can easily open your account in the post office.
- Identity card issued by the central or state government can also help you to open an account in the post office.
- Apart from this, you can also use BPL card, MNREGA job card.
You can also use the certificate issued by any recognized university education board, college or school to open an account in the post office.
What is the Eligibility Criteria required to open an account in a post office?
In order to open an account in a post office, you have to go through some eligibility criteria and the Indian Postal Department has ensured certain eligibility criteria for opening an account, which are as follows.
- Any adult can easily open an account in the Indian Post Office.
- Minors above the age of 10 years can also easily apply for account opening and get their account opened.
- The mentally unsound person has also been allowed by the government to open an account in the post office.
- Two to three persons can get their account opened in India Post Office at the rate of their equal share.
- You are not allowed to open Group Accounts, Institutional Accounts, Security Deposit Accounts and Officer Capacity Accounts in the Indian Post Office.
What is the procedure to open savings account in Indian Postal Department?
The process of opening a savings account with the Indian Postal Department is very easy and it is explained as follows.
- To open an account in Indian post office, first of all you will need post office saving account opening form. You can easily get it online or by visiting the post office.
- Now you have to fill all the details asked by your application form carefully, and then submit your application form along with KYC documents to your nearest post office.
- Then after that you can easily open your account by paying whatever amount you want to pay.
- A separate application form is provided at the post office for senior citizens in India and you can open your account by filling that form.
Some salient features of opening an account in a post office?
There are many benefits of opening an account in a post office and they have their own characteristics. Let us know what are the main features of opening an account in the post office, which are as follows.
- A person opening a savings account can easily open his account after paying the initial amount in cash for opening the account.
- If you want to open your savings account at post office without cheque, then you can maintain a minimum maintenance balance of ₹ 50.
- Those who have already opened their post office account and still want to avail check facility, they can easily avail check facility with a minimum deposit amount of just ₹ 500.
- All interest earned from post office up to ₹ 10000 has been made tax free.
- You can transfer any of your savings account to any other post office savings account.
You can open only one savings account in the post office.
- Any minor person can also open his savings account in the post office and children above the age of 10 years have also been given the right to open their account in the post office.
- Any savings account holder can easily convert his account into joint account.
- A person opening a savings account in a post office can easily make his electronic deposit or withdrawal through CBS Post Office.
- ATM facility is provided to you by the post office in the savings account.
- How to Earn Money From Mobile
- SBI Savings Account Opening Online
- Best Podcast Apps for Android
- What is Credit Card
The Government of India has been providing all government facilities in the post office now than before. And almost in today’s time, everyone should have a savings account in the post office, and for this our today’s article will definitely prove beneficial for you and you can easily open your post office savings account in the post office.