MSW Course Details: In this important article, you will be able to get information about the post graduation level MSW in social work education, in which all the aspects will be looked at through information.
As we all are an integral part of the society, in which the activities around us are as much connected to us as we are related to the society. Social activities include various initiatives, which are also studied in education today.
In order to work on such social issues, education is available in the form of social work, in which after completing education, students are able to work in the future in various fields related to society.
MSW Full Form or What is MSW
The full form of MSW is Master of Social Work, which is a post graduation level course. In which after education, the students get a chance to do various tasks in the social field.
MSW Course Duration
The entire duration of this course is 2 years, in which any student has to give a minimum period of two years to complete this course.
MSW Course Fees
Talk about education fees, to complete the MSW education order, you may incur education fees between one lakh and 2 lakhs. The selection of your college is also a major reason, according to which the education fee is fixed and there is a fundamental difference in it.
MSW Admission Process
In many colleges, students are given admission for this course through interview and graduate examination, in which the test is taken during the written interview.
- For admission in this course under some colleges or universities, a Pre-Entrance Examination is conducted in which students with good marks are admitted.
- Generally, no eligibility test has been prescribed for admission to this course, these are all dependent on the college.
From the above analysis, it is revealed that most of the colleges give admission in MSW to the high scoring students by placing a merit list based on the marks obtained in your graduation degree.
All students who have completed their BSW (Bachelor’s degree) degree in social work with minimum 50% marks, all the students are considered eligible for admission for MSW.
Apart from this, students who have passed their undergraduate education with minimum 50% marks from Humanities, Social Sciences, Management and other education stream can also get admission for this course.
Entrance Exam For MSW
Information about the eligibility tests to be taken by some colleges and universities for MSW is given as follows.
- Aligarh University MSW Admission Test
- Manipal University Entrance Eligibility Test
- Time University Eligibility Test
- Tata Institute Eligibility Test, etc.
Major subjects of MSW Education – MSW Subjects
- Social case work
- Study of Indian constitution
- Social Work and Social Justice
- Women and Child Development
- Analysis of Indian Society, etc.
Colleges Universities for MSW
- Delhi university
- Christ University – Bangalore
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences – Mumbai
- Madras School of Social Work
- Banaras Hindu University
- Gujarat Vidyapith – Ahmedabad
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Hindi University – Bhopal
- Devi Ahilya University – Indore
- Karve Institute of Social Sciences – Pune
- Shivaji University – Kolhapur, etc.
Jobs Opportunities and Salary After MSW
After completing this course, you get a chance to work on the following posts, such as;
- NGO Colleagues
- Employee in human rights office
- Employee in health care sector
- Peer in orphan ashram or service center of elderly people etc.
- Social worker in tribal department
- Prison staff
- Human Resources Department in Public Sector, Women and Child Welfare Department.
- Workers Related Department etc.,
Salary ranging from 3 lakh to 8 lakh is given annually on the above posts, in which salary also increases according to the increase in service.
We hope you will like the information given, and you will also benefit from this information in the future, thank you for staying connected with us.
Frequently Asked Questions on this topic
1. What is the full form of MSW?
Ans: Master of Social Work.
2. What is the difference between BSW and MSW?
Ans: BSW is a bachelor’s level course with full form Bachelor of Social Work, MSW is a master’s degree with full form Master of Social Work.
3. What is the duration of MSW?
Ans: two years.
4. What level of education is MSW?
Ans: Post graduation or Master’s level.