Most of the pregnant women have the problem of itching in the abdomen and breasts during pregnancy. Although this problem is very common, but due to excessive itching on the stomach, stretch marks are caused and not only this, sometimes it can be embarrassing in front of everyone. This problem is temporary and relief can also be found easily, but first of all it is very important to know what are the causes of itching in breasts and stomach during pregnancy. Know the Cause of Itching During Pregnancy.
Cause of Itching During Pregnancy
1. Changes in hormones
During pregnancy, the body of a pregnant woman undergoes many changes such as changes in hormones. Due to changes in hormones, women face many problems, one of them is itching in the breasts and abdomen. After some time this problem goes away on its own but if there is more problem then it is necessary to take expert opinion.
2. Change in size
Changes in the size of the breasts and abdomen are also very common during pregnancy. It is normal for the abdomen to grow as the baby is in the womb, while the size of the breasts also increases during this time. As the baby grows in size, the skin stretches, similarly the bloating of the stomach causes the muscles to stretch which can cause itching. Due to this there may be itching in the breasts and abdomen of the woman.
Estrogen levels can also increase during pregnancy. Itching is caused by increased estrogen levels. This happens more often in the last few months. Most pregnant women have more itching problem near the waist.
4. Dry Skin
If the skin is dry, it can also cause itching. Do not keep your skin dry during pregnancy. Always maintain the moisture of your skin. It is important to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water in a day during pregnancy.
5. Other causes of itching in pregnancy
- A woman can also get an infection due to any food item and this infection can cause itching.
- It is also believed that if a woman has a liver-related disease during pregnancy, it can also cause itching on the breasts, abdomen or other parts of the body. It can also be a sign of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP). It can be fatal for both the baby and the woman.
- Lack of cleanliness can also cause itching.
- Itching can also occur on the body parts due to increased blood circulation. If it is too high, it can also become a risk to the unborn baby.
- Many doctors also believe that this problem can also occur due to changes in the immune system in pregnancy and its not working well. Itching in hearing sounds very common, but during pregnancy, women face many difficulties.
- Sometimes there can also be an allergy to woolen clothes, soap or other cosmetics, which causes itching. Along with this, it may be that some medicine is causing your itching during this time. Do not take any medicine during pregnancy without doctor’s advice.
Remedies for Itching in Breast and Stomach during pregnancy
Being a mother is the most joyous thing for a woman but for this she has to go through many physical, mental and emotional troubles. Be it the first month of pregnancy or delivery, the expectant mother faces many ups and downs. During this, itching in the body is also one of the main reasons for the problem. I also had to go through this problem during my pregnancy, however after following the doctor’s instructions, I got relief from this problem. So let’s know some such home remedies that can get relief from itching in pregnancy.
1. Sufficient Moisture
Do not let the moisture content in the skin decrease. If you have dry skin, then to remove dryness in this skin, apply a good moisturizer or oil like coconut or almond oil on the affected areas. This will give you relief. If you are having itching then using aloe Vera gel is also a good solution. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
2. Warm Water
Bathing with very hot water also makes the skin dry, due to which itching in the breasts or stomach is normal. Therefore, instead of very hot water, use cold or lukewarm water during pregnancy.
It is very important to maintain cleanliness during pregnancy. Dirt can also cause itching. Use a mild soap for bathing.
Never use clothes that are tight during pregnancy, but loose clothes first. Tight clothing can cause itching.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda is also a good remedy to get relief from itching. Make a paste by mixing one teaspoon of baking soda with water. Apply this paste on the parts of the body where you are itching. After applying this paste for a few minutes, wash it off. Pregnant women are faced with minor problems in pregnancy, but sometimes we take serious problems as normal and do not take them seriously.
- How Much Water should a Pregnant Woman Drink
- Papaya In Pregnancy
- Can You Get Your Period and Still Be Pregnant
- Pregnant women Must keep in Mind During Eclipse
- Can My Unborn Baby Feel Me Crying
- Newborn Baby FAQs For New Mothers
- Tea During Pregnancy
- Beauty Products To Avoid During Pregnancy
Doing so can be harmful not only for you but also for your baby. In such a situation, bear every problem as long as you can tolerate it, but if you feel that the problem is increasing, then instead of doing any treatment yourself, immediately consult a specialist or doctor. If you have excessive itching during pregnancy, then definitely consult a doctor.