Irregular Periods: Menstruation is an important part of a women’s life, which she feels for three to five days every month. The duration of periods is different for all women. Menstruation helps a woman’s reproductive system work properly, making women physically ready to become a mother and give birth to a baby.
For some women the menstrual period lasts only two days but some women feel it for 6 to 7 days. Similarly, the cycle of normal menstruation is of 28 days, but for some women this cycle is short and for some women it is long.
Irregular menstruation is the shortening or lengthening of the menstrual cycle. There are many reasons behind irregular menstruation, such as hormonal imbalance, stress, thyroid, eating disorders etc.
However, irregular menstruation also affects your pregnancy. Today we are going to give you some important information related to this. Know how irregular menstruation causes problems in getting pregnant.
Effects of getting pregnant due to irregular periods
The menstrual cycle starts from the day the bleeding starts. Although there may be some difficulties in pregnancy if your periods are irregular, it is still possible for a woman to conceive.
In fact, if the periods are irregular, then the length of the menstrual cycle is not known, due to which the ovulation period of the woman is also not known correctly.
Ovulation is the time when a woman is more likely to become pregnant, and it is believed that a few days before the ovulation period, the chances of getting pregnant are high.
But if your periods are irregular then it may not even detect ovulation because in this situation your ovulation period will also change every month, due to which the chances of pregnancy are reduced, due to which the conception is affected.
If you have irregular periods then you should be more careful about your ovulation period. Due to irregular menstruation, more hormones called estrogen are made in the body, so the lipid level in the body also increases. Due to this, fat increases in the body, due to which the blood vessels get constricted.
Not only this, the blood supplying ducts also get clogged due to which there is a problem in pregnancy. But there is also a truth that women who have shorter menstrual cycles, they have more problems in conceiving.
Such women get pregnant early but they have to face more problems like miscarriage.
What to do get pregnant with irregular periods
- If you have the problem of irregular menstruation, then first of all change your diet. Consume nutrients. Include fruits, vegetables and salads in your diet.
- Do not eat fried, junk food and too sweet. Be sure to eat low-fat milk and nuts. Drink at least eight to ten glasses of water throughout the day.
- If you are gaining weight then it can also cause imbalance in menstruation. Due to obesity, a hormone called estrogen increases, due to which menstruation becomes unbalanced.
- To control your weight, do exercise or yoga regularly and take care of the diet.
- Due to the imbalance of hormones, many doctors recommend taking fertility enhancing medicine or other medicines because their consumption also removes the problem of not coming at the right time.
- Yoga is the best way to keep your menstruation regular. Use asanas like Viparita-karani, Paschimottanasana, Hastapadasana and get rid of your suffering.
- If you want to normalize your menstrual cycle, then get rid of stress. For this be happy, exercise and take the help of yoga. Keep your thinking positive. Also, do not take caffeine in excess.
- Your emotions are directly related to your periods. Therefore, if you have problems with irregular periods, then you should try to stay stress-free by doing yoga and meditation.
- If you have been trying to conceive for a long time and are not able to conceive, then you must consult a doctor.
What is Irregular Menstruation
Menstruation is considered regular only when its cycle is less than 21 days and more than 35 days in every month. In general terms, a woman gets her period within 21 to 35 days, and it is normal to have a period at this time and it means about 11 to 13 times in a year.
But many women get their period only 6 to 8 times a year. If there is such a difference in menstruation, then it is considered as irregular menstruation. One out of ten women or two women definitely face this problem.
When menstruation starts at the age of 12 to 15 years, even then this cycle is not regular, but gradually this menstrual cycle becomes correct. However, if it is not regular for a long time then it can be a problem.
Causes of irregular menstruation
At the age of 40 to 50, women have to go through the stage of menopause. In such a situation, there is a tremendous change in their hormones, due to which irregular menstruation is also natural. Menopause is a major cause of irregular menstruation.
2. Weight Gain
If your weight increases or decreases completely, then its effect also falls on the menstrual cycle, due to which changes in menstruation start. In fact, due to the sudden increase or decrease of weight, hormones become unbalanced, due to which menstruation becomes irregular.
3. Thyroid problem
Thyroid also causes a lot of changes in hormones, due to which there can be problems in periods. Along with this, if you are battling with any disease, then due to this there can also be changes in your menstruation.
Stress is also a major cause of problems in periods. Hormones also become unbalanced due to stress, due to which there is a change in menstruation.
There can also be a difference in periods due to dietary disturbances. If you increase the amount of carbohydrates in your diet, it causes changes in hormones, due to which periods can become unbalanced.
Can you get pregnant after having irregular periods?
Yes, irregular periods do not completely eliminate your chances of getting pregnant. Yes, it can cause problems in getting pregnant but after unprotected there is a lot of possibility that you are pregnant. With the right care and medical advice, you can easily become a mother.
Irregular periods make it impossible to know when she is most fertile. Another important thing, due to irregular periods, you do not even know whether you are pregnant or not?
It is very important for menstruation to come at a certain time every month, but when these menstruation become irregular, it affects the pregnancy as well as the woman’s body. If your periods are irregular, then you may have pain in the stomach, breasts, hands, etc.
- Foods to increase Breast Milk Production
- Home Remedies for Bloating
- Home Remedies for Vaginal Itching
- Is White Discharge a sign of Pregnancy
Along with this, getting tired very quickly and stomach related problems like low appetite, constipation, diarrhea etc. can also occur. By taking some precautions, you can avoid this problem and conceive normally, but if this is not the case, then nowadays there are many other techniques and measures available through which this problem can be overcome. Just openly talk to the doctor about your problem so that he can guide you properly.