After getting approved AdSense account on your blog, read this post to know how to Create AdSense Ad unit and how to put it in your blog.
To earn money from Google AdSense, first of all, your blog / website has to approve AdSense and only then you can make ad unit and show advertisement in your blog. But even after being approved by AdSense, many bloggers are not able to properly create ad unit and place it in the blog. Because of which there is no advertisement show in their blog or Ads is not mobile friendly.
Let us first know how to create AdSense ad units.
How to create an AdSense Ad Unit
If you are a beginner, you can generate AdSense Ad unit by following the steps given below.
- First of all sign in to your AdSense account.
- Now click on “My Ads” from the menu that is in the left panel and click on “Units” from the option that will come under it.
- Here you have to click on the button of “+ New Ad Unit”.
- After that, 4 options will come in front of you like the screenshot given below, from here you have to select what kind of Ad you want to put in your blog.
As a new user, you have to SELECT Text & display ads from here.
- Now a new page will open in front of you, where you can configure Ad unit for your blog.
* Under Name, you can give any name of Ad unit like RNkhabri sidebar unit.
* From Ad size, you can hear which Dimension (Length & Breadth) Ad want to put on their blog.
Here, by clicking on the drop down menu of Recommended, you can create any size ad in units such as Horizontal banner, Vertical banner, Responsive, Custom size and Link ads.
If you do not know about these ad sizes, then choose the responsible ad size which is the default.
Responsive ad is adjusted according to the space available in your blog and such ads are also mobile friendly.
* There is a drop down menu under Ad type, there you will find 4 types of ads.
- Text & display ads
- Display ads only
- Infeed Ads
- In Articles Ads
- Search Bar Ads
Here I would recommend you choose Text & display ads, because this way you get more CPC from ads and can earn more.
* In the option of text ad style, you can customize the background color and text color of the ads according to your blog template, so that you can get more clicks on your ads.
* After customizing all the options, click on the button of “Save and Get Code“.
- Now the code of Ad unit will be displayed in front of you and you copy this code.
You can make an advertisement show by paste the ad code you have copied into your blog or website.
How to put Ads in Blogger Blog
Mainly advertisement is placed inside the header, sidebar and article of a blog. If you have a blog on BlogSpot and you want to place an ad. So by following the steps given below, you can place Ad on your blog.
- Login to your Blogger’s Dashboard.
- From here you go to Layout.
- Where you want to place Ad, like in the sidebar or Ad in the Header, then click on “Add a Gadget” given there.
- Paste the code of the Ad unit copied in the content box here and click on the SAVE button.
- Finally click on the button of Save arrangement.
Ad unit takes some time to activate, that’s why you open your blog after 10-15 minutes, advertisement will be displayed in your blog.
If you want to show ads inside the article of your blog, then you have to open every post and go to the HTML section of your post and manually place the ad unit code.
- AdSense Payment to Bank Account
- How to Google AdSense Approval
- AdSense Hosted Account vs Non Hosted
- Best Ad Network
- Most Profitable Niche For Blogging
I hope that after reading this post (How to create AdSense Ad Unit and put Ads in Blog), you can also monetize your blog by showing ads inside your blog.
If you found this post helpful, then share it with your friends and do not forget to subscribe to our blog for more information related to Blogging.