For the first six months, the child lives on mother’s milk, which is like nectar for them. Breastmilk provides antibodies to the baby, which protect them from many diseases. But many women have to face nipple pain during breastfeeding. There can be many reasons behind this such as dryness in the nipple, Crack Nipples, Sore Nipples etc.
In such a situation, it becomes very difficult for the mother to feed the baby. This is the reason why in this article today we will know some effective tips to get relief from nipple pain while breastfeeding.
Causes of Nipple Pain
There can be many reasons behind nipple pain, below we will know about some of its possible reasons.
- Do not over-clean the nipple area. This can also lead to the problem of cracked nipples.
- Do not use soaps, lotions and perfumes that make the skin dry. It would be better to choose skin care products designed for the new mom.
- Sometimes, not using the breast pump properly can lead to cracked nipples.
- Detergent removal from clothes can also be a reason for cracked nipples.
- Many times cracks occur in the nipples due to not applying good quality breast pads.
Effective Home Remedies for Nipple Pains
Due to the pain caused by cracked and sore nipples, it becomes very difficult for a mother to feed the baby. In this article, we are sharing some easy and effective remedies for relief from nipple pain:
1. Ice Packs
Applying an ice pack provides relief in nipple pain to a great extent. If you want, you can also compress ice cubes by folding them in a cotton cloth.
2. Aloe Vera Gel
Extract the gel from a fresh aloe Vera leaf. Apply it on the nipple and leave it. After some time clean the breast with normal water. Aloe Vera has a cooling effect, which can be helpful in reducing nipple pain.
3. Olive Oil
Olive oil can be one of the home remedies to get rid of the problem of Cracked Nipples. For this, the analgesic (painkiller) and anti-inflammatory (reducing inflammation) properties present in it are considered effective. These effects can heal cracked nipples and sore nipples in breastfeeding mothers.
4. Breast Milk
Breast milk is rich in antibacterial properties, due to which its use can be useful for relieving pain in the breast. Therefore, always apply breast milk to the breast after feeding the baby.
5. Chamomile Tea Bags
Chamomile tea bags are also considered very useful for nipple pain. For this, prepare tea to drink by putting chamomile tea bags in hot water. After this squeeze the tea bag and keep it in the fridge to cool down. Place the cold tea bag on the nipples. This will give relief from pain. Keep in mind that before feeding the baby, wash the nipples thoroughly.
6. Nipple Butter
Nipple butter has been specially designed in such a way that it can be used for all nipple related problems. Nipple butter is very effective in relieving nipple pain and better care of the nipples in breastfeeding women. The ingredients present in it heal crack and sore nipples. Also moisturizes the nipples and prevents dryness. Along with this, there are such vitamins in it, which repair the skin of the nipple.
Take These Precautions while Breastfeeding the Baby in Nipple Pain
- If you are struggling with the problem of cracked nipples due to breastfeeding, then feed the baby from the side which you have less pain.
- Applying an ice pack before feeding can provide some relief.
- Give milk to the baby once in a while. Due to this the baby will not feed for a long time and you will have less trouble.
So in this article you learned how to get rid of nipple pain. We hope that the information given by us will be useful to you.