Home Remedies For Fever During Pregnancy: Fever, that is, an increase in body temperature, is not unusual. The body temperature rises only with a slight change in the weather. There can be many reasons for having a fever. But having a fever in pregnancy can be a cause of great trouble. The immunity of the mother during pregnancy becomes very low. In such a situation, the chances of getting affected early by any disease increases.
Fever can be harmful to you or your baby in the womb. How should fever be treated in pregnancy? Before this it is very important to know the exact cause of fever. Following are some important points of this article:
- Never take fever medicine of your own free will during pregnancy.
- Sometimes the body can be slightly warm during pregnancy.
- Home remedies like ginger and basil tea can be adopted.
- If there is fever for more than two days or more than 101 degrees, then consult a doctor.
Causes of Fever During Pregnancy
If there is fever in pregnancy, then first of all know what is the reason for it. If you know the reason for this then only you will be able to get the right treatment. Know what are the reasons why you can have fever during pregnancy.
1. common cold
A pregnant woman may have a fever when she has a common cold. It will take at least five days to recover. To avoid this, stay away from the infected person. Because during this the body’s immune system becomes weak. Along with this, you can also get relief by using home remedies.
2. Urinary Infection
Urine infection is common in pregnancy. About 15 percent of women suffer from it during pregnancy. This infection can also cause fever.
The flu that accompanies the change of seasons is also a cause of fever in pregnancy. The flu usually lasts for three days. In case of flu, take medicine as per doctor’s advice. The cause of fever can also be viral, it is a type of fever, which is caused due to infection.
If you have stomach problems, then you are more likely to get gastrointestinal stomach flu. You may also have a fever in this condition.
Fever can also occur in pregnancy due to kidney infection. If so, get it checked and treated immediately.
Typhoid is also an infection that spreads through dirty food and water. Fever is also a symptom of this. If you have typhoid during pregnancy, then seek treatment from the doctor. You can still be a victim of fever even if you have pneumonia. For this you should get tested and get proper treatment as soon as possible.
It is more likely to spread during the rainy season. Dengue is also more likely to occur during pregnancy. Therefore, it is necessary to recognize and treat its symptoms at the right time, otherwise problems like premature labor, fetal transmission may occur. Along with this, malaria and chikungunya also spread due to mosquitoes in the rainy season. These diseases can also cause fever.
8. Basal Body Temperature
When a woman is pregnant, she may initially have a mild fever. This is called basal body temperature. You can know that you are pregnant if your period does not come for two weeks and your body temperature is high at the time of ovulation.
Home Remedies for Fever During Pregnancy
If you have a common cold, then you can also get relief by using home remedies. Such As:
- The antiviral properties of basil are effective in reducing fever. Make tea or decoction of basil leaves and drink it.
- Ginger is also helpful in curing fever and sore throat. Take ginger juice and eat it with honey.
- Fenugreek seeds can also reduce the effect of fever. Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Sieve it in the morning and heat the remaining water well until its quantity remains very less. After this drink it after mixing honey.
- Turmeric also has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant properties. Turmeric is also helpful in curing fever.
- By soaking mustard seeds in hot water, filtering its water and drinking it will benefit you.
What to do if you have fever in pregnancy
If you have fever during pregnancy, the first thing you should do is consult your doctor. Whatever be the reason behind this, but a doctor’s examination is necessary.
- The doctor may give you some medicines to reduce the fever, which will reduce the fever.
- Medicines like aspirin or brufin should be taken only after consulting a doctor.
- Cold and flu prevention tablets contain codeine, so take it only after consulting a doctor.
Homeopathic medicines should also not be taken during this time.
- The doctor will ask you to do some tests. These tests will probably include a urine test and a blood test. Once the cause is known, you will be treated accordingly.
Things to Remember
- If you think you have a fever, first check with a thermometer. If the fever is less then you can also adopt home remedies but if it is high then consult a doctor.
- Wear comfortable clothes made of cotton in case of fever. If you are feeling cold, wear warm clothes.
- Get as much rest as you can. Get your sleep.
- In case of high fever, put hot or cold water bandages on the head or keep a pack.
- If you have a fever, drink as much water as you can or drink other fluids like soup.
- Newborn Baby FAQs For New Mothers
- Tea During Pregnancy
- Beauty Products To Avoid During Pregnancy
- Itching During Pregnancy
- Dehydration During Pregnancy
- First Time Pregnancy Tips
If your body temperature rises from 98.6 to 102℉ during pregnancy then it is a sign of risk. This increases the risk of miscarriage. Not only this, it is also harmful for the baby. If you have fever for more than three to four days in pregnancy, do not ignore it, but visit the hospital or doctor immediately so that any emergency can be avoided by getting proper treatment at the right time.
Request: If you like Home Remedies For Fever During Pregnancy, then do share Facebook, WhatsApp and any social media platform and Friends.