GNM Course: This article is going to be very special for all those who have to build a future in the field related to health, because here we are going to inform you about the most important course related to nursing GNM which is available in public and private hospitals. It is very important.
As much as medical is developing in the country and the world, we are also facing new challenges in the same day. The medical sector is facing another burden of treatment and primary health care, on the other hand, the need of human resources to work in this field has also been seen for many years.
Talk about the inclusion of new people in this field and giving jobs, so many new courses are also available for education related to this.
The only reason for this is that the students doing this course play an important role in the field of medicine, due to which it becomes easy to provide healthcare.
Here we will give you all the basic information related to this course, in which you will get a chance to know all the aspects related to the course.
GNM Full Form And What is GNM Course?
The full form of GNM is General Nursing and Midwifery, which is a diploma level course. In the field of medicine, those who complete this course work either as assistant to the chief nurse or by being part of the nurse staff.
In India, where the public population is responsible for providing all kinds of health related primary services from small villages to big cities.
In that situation, there are plenty of employment options available to these people. Next we will know all the basic aspects related to this course, which will help in understanding more about this course.
GNM Course Admission Process
Here you are given the provision of admission for this course either directly or on the basis of the eligibility test in some colleges. We will explain some things related to it, such as.
1. If you want to get admission in this education directly, then after completing the class from the 12th science stream, the application form has to be submitted as soon as the admission process starts in such a college.
In which merit list is released in the respective college or on the official site of the college on the basis of the marks of the students. In this way, students who have passed class 12th with good marks will be given the program, who get the opportunity to choose the college according to their convenience or choice.
Those students who have low marks or cannot get admission due to any reason, are either placed on the waiting list or have to search for other college options.
2. Students who have to get admission in some specific standard or higher level education institution or college, then in this situation some college or institution has provision for eligibility test, although in some education institute, eligibility test is also compulsory.
So the eligibility test students have to pass here with good marks and have to apply to the college for admission. Where admission is decided according to the merit list of the students who pass the eligibility test with good marks in the respective college.
In this way, every year through these two options, millions of students are admitted all over the country, who get a chance to get knowledge related to the field of nursing for a bright future.
GNM Course Eligibility
Here you are going to see if you have to get admission for this course, then it is mandatory for you to fulfill the eligibility criteria. Below we have given this criteria in detail, like K;
- Passing minimum minimum class from science branch is the primary eligibility for this course, in which class must have passed 12th standard with subjects like biology, physics and chemistry etc.
- Your minimum average marks in class 12th should be up to 50 percent.
- Apart from this, if you talk about the age limit, then the minimum age of the student desirous of entering this course should be 14 years.
- As some standardized higher level educational institutions or colleges demand eligibility test marks for this course, such eligibility test is not mandatory everywhere.
Students who fulfill the above criteria are ultimately considered eligible for admission in this course.
GNM Course Duration
As you have been told that this is a diploma level course whose total duration is 3 years and 6 months. In which it is mandatory to give you this minimum of three and a half years of this education.
Failing most of your times means increasing the duration of this course. In this way, you get the option of many colleges all over the country to complete this three and a half year course.
This three and a half year course consists of a 3-year education session, followed by a compulsory internship of six months.
GNM Course Fees
You have to understand some major things according to which the fee for this course is fixed, which we can also call the major component. Below we have given details of some such key components.
- The most important thing here is what kind of college you choose, because compared to private college, you get reduced by a lot of difference in public college.
- There are other major things here that if you are going to your own village or other place away from the city, if you are going to complete this course, then other expenses are additionally added to this education fee.
Thus, you may be charged up to one lakh for this course in a public college. In the same private college, you can complete this course at a cost of up to two and a half lakhs.
GNM Course Syllabus
This course consists of a 3 year education session, in which detailed information is given below the underlying syllabus.
GNM 1st Year Syllabus
- Health education
- Environmental Hygiene
- Community Health Nursing
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Personal and Environmental Hygiene
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Personal hygiene
- Health Education and Communication Skills
GNM 2nd Year Syllabus
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing-2
- Community Health Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing-1
- Orthopedic nursing
- Communicable diseases
- Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing
- Computer education
GNM 3rd Year Syllabus
- Community Health Nursing
- Educational methods and media for teaching in practice of nursing
- Introduction to research
- Advanced Community Health Nursing
- Midwifery and Gynecology
- Pediatric Nursing
- Administration and Ward Management
- Professional Trends & Management
- Health economics
Internship period – 6 months
Entrance Exam For GNM
Eligibility tests are taken for admission in GNM in about 17 states of India, which is referred to as GNM exam with the name of that specific state, Maharashtra GNM Exam, Rajasthan GNM Exam, Gujarat GNM Exam etc.
Apart from this, we are giving the details of some famous GNM examinations in brief below.
1. BHU Nursing Exam
2. AIMS Nursing exam
3. IGNOU OPENNET
4. PGIMER Nursing, etc.
As the colleges and education institutions associated with this education are present in the country, we are giving you information about some such educational institutions here.
- CMC Ludhiana
- Government Medical College – Nagpur
- Sophia Nursing College
- Savitribai Phule College of Nursing – Kolhapur
- Karnataka School of Nursing
- Government Medical College – Kozhikode
- TD Medical College – Alappuzha
- Gokul Global University
- St. John’s Medical College – Bangalore
- Government Medical College and Hospital – Chandigarh
- Bankura Samlani Medical College
- Era University
- Noida International University
- Rama University
- HML Group of Institutions
- IIMT University
- PP Sawhney University
- VG School Of Nursing
- Surrender Institute of Nursing and Paramedical Science
- Jamia Hamdard University
- SRM Kanchipuram Chennai
- Assam Down Town University
- YBN University
- Singhania University
- Holi Spirit of Institute of Nursing Education – Mumbai
- DY Patil College of Nursing – Pune
- Wanless College Of Nursing
- Maharashtra Institute of Nursing Science – Latur
- Samarth Nursing College- Ratnagiri
- Godavari College of Nursing – Jalgaon
Job Opportunities and Salary After GNM Course
After completing this course, you can work in various positions in the field of medicine, according to which we are giving the details of some such posts, which are given salary.
- Home nurse
- Community health worker
- staff nurse
- Health visitor
- ICU Nurse
- Teacher – Nursing School
- Health Care Nurse, etc.
For the above given posts, there are employment opportunities in both private and public sector too, in which salary or pay scale is given according to the post and region. However, people working in these positions are given salary ranging from about 2 lakh to 5 lakh per year. After that, it also increases.
In this way, we have given you almost all kinds of information related to GNM course, in which we tried to look at all aspects.
We hope that you will be very satisfied with the information given, and in future you will benefit from this information. Many thanks for staying connected with us.
- BHMS Course Details
- DMLT Course Details
- BAMS Course Details
- ANM Course Details
- Study Tips for Medical Students
- MCA Course Details
Frequently asked questions on GNM course subject
1. What is the full form of GNM?
Ans: General Nursing and Midwifery.
2. If I have to take admission in GNM course, is it mandatory to take the eligibility test?
Ans: No, it is not compulsory to give this type of eligibility test at all places. Only in some specific colleges such eligibility tests are taken.
3. What is the duration of GNM course?
Ans: Three and a half years.
4. What level of education is GNM?
Ans: Diploma level.
5. What is the difference between ANM and GNM?
Ans: These two are also diploma courses but there is a lot of difference in their duration, the same ANM means auxiliary nursing midwifery, so GNM means General Nursing and Midwifery.
Request: If you like GNM Course, then do share Facebook, WhatsApp and any social media platform and Friends.