FSSAI Full Form: You must have read the tag of FSSAI on food packets many times. In this article you will read what is FSSAI? What does FSSAI stand for?
In this post, you are going to get information about FSSAI Full Form, what is food license, about FSSAI, then read this post till the end and know how to take FSSAI meaning, license of FSSAI and in detail about FSSAI.
Before any food item reaches us, we go through many ordeals. This exam is taken by FSSAI. It has been established to deliver the right material to the customers.
If you find any substance adulterated then you can inform it to FSSAI. In this article you will know what is FSSAI, what does FSSAI mean, FSSAI meaning, full information of FSSAI.
What is FSSAI
FSSAI means Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. FSSAI is an Indian independent body responsible for maintaining safety, nutrition and hygiene in the production, sale, storage and import of all types of food items in India. It has a license number of 14 figures. Its rules are implemented from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
FSSAI Full Form
FSSAI Full Form – Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.
Complete information of FSSAI
FSSAI was established with the aim of protecting customers from poisonous and risk foods. Who founded FSSAI? It was founded in 2011 by the then Union Minister “Anbumani Ramdoss”.
FSSAI works on science-based criteria. It scientifically determines that foods that are available or are available in the market are completely healthy for people. Therefore a food producer, accumulator and seller is required to have FSSAI license.
However, for some, these licenses are not required – such as automobile vendors, temporary stall holders, small scale industries, etc. Anyone who wants a license can apply to the designated officer.
Benefits of FSSAI
- The public gets pure food.
- Harmful and toxic substances do not reach the market.
- FSSAI is the main and only body of standards for food safety and food regulations.
- Different regions require the same license for different types of food.
- Having a FSSAI license with a food retailer gives confidence to its customers.
Generally it takes two months to get FSSAI license. There are three types of FSSAI licenses in India.
- Basic FSSAI License: It is for small and small scale industries, which are usually given for one to five years. This is for those whose annual income is less than Rs.12 lakh.
- State FSSAI License: It is meant for middle class producers and sellers whose annual income is more than 12 lakhs. It is also given for one year to five years.
- Central FSSAI License: This is for food traders whose annual income is above 20 crores.
An E-mail ID and phone number are required to register an FSSAI license. Correctly spell your name in your application and submit it. After that application you will be given a separate ID, which will be necessary for further processing.
In the end you will have to pay a set amount. Prepare and submit a demand draft along with a copy of your application form and the amount of payment.
- Low Investment Business Ideas
- Manufacturing Business Ideas
- Business Ideas for Seniors Citizens after Retirement
- Factors to Consider Before Starting a Business
- Home Based Business Ideas
In this way, clean and nutritious food reaches us. It is the responsibility of a consumer to consume only what is permitted by the FSSAI. And if an established industry does not have licenses, then request it. Till date FSSAI has tied up many such substances and industry which have proved to be harmful after many years.
You read these things in this article – What is FSSAI? What is the full form of FSSAI? Complete information of FSSAI. We hope that by knowing what the FSSAI means, you will be aware of an information of importance. If you liked this article, then share it with your friends and give us feedback in the comments.