Foods to increase Breast Milk Production: Mother’s milk is the first and most important food for children, although most women do not face any problem in breastfeeding the baby, but there are some women who are unable to do this or there is less milk in their breasts.
In such a situation, it becomes very difficult for the mother to meet the daily requirement of milk of the child. So let’s know today that what you must eat to increase mother’s milk? Here you can find the following information: (Foods to increase Breast Milk Production)
- What to eat to increase breast milk
- What is the diet of a lactating mother
- Due to low breast milk
- Superfoods That Increase Milk
Why does milk become less
- when a woman has a disease
- when a woman is stressed
- When female hormones are unbalanced
- When a woman does not give milk to the children at night
- when a woman is undergoing treatment
- Baby having trouble drinking milk
- feeding the baby more formula milk
There are many benefits of breastfeeding. Although women can increase their breast milk by adopting common home remedies, but if they have any other problem due to which milk is not producing then they should go to the doctor. So let’s know some such home remedies by adopting which you can increase your breast milk.
Foods to increase Breast Milk Production
How to use fenugreek to increase milk?
- First of all, put 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in a cup and leave it soaked overnight.
- The next day, boil it in the morning with water for 5 to 7 minutes and then drink it.
Note: It is tasteless to drink but its results are very good. You can also make fenugreek laddus in a traditional way to increase your milk intake. It is also very beneficial.
2. Super Food
Consuming fennel, cumin, black sesame, garlic and cinnamon etc. in your diet every day can increase milk in the mother’s breast because it contains galactagogues.
- Eating fennel keeps the digestive system of the woman right and also gives relief to the baby from the problem of stomach pain.
- By eating cinnamon, the periods come late after delivery, due to which the mother’s milk starts producing more and her milk also increases.
- Consuming cinnamon and garlic gives a different taste to mother’s milk, which babies like.
- Eating black sesame has many benefits for the mother. It is rich in calcium.
How to use Super Food?
- You can mix cinnamon powder with honey and then take it with a glass of warm milk or hot water twice a day.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in a cup of hot water for half an hour and then drink it twice a day. You will see the difference. Along with this, you should add roasted fenugreek in your diet daily.
- If you want, you can also eat raw garlic or you can eat it by mixing it with food.
- To increase your breast milk, you must consume garlic before feeding the baby.
It is very famous in South Indian mines. Drumstick contains many nutrients and it also increases the production of milk in the woman.
It helps in opening up the breast cavity of the woman and stimulates the mammary gland thereby increasing the production of milk. The best way to do this is to drink drumstick juice or it in the form of soup.
4. Holy Basil
Basil is a traditional herb. It is being used for a long time to increase milk production in women. It is rich in niacin, iron, carotene and thiamine which protect both mother and baby from many diseases and infections.
How to use Basil?
You do not have to do anything special in this, just after delivery, you have to consume Basil tea twice a day. This will help a lot in your milk production.
5. Brown Rice
Brown rice is rich in fiber and is more beneficial than white rice. It works by stimulating the hormones, due to which milk is formed in the woman’s breast. By eating them, you will feel better, the level of blood circulation will be fine and your appetite will also increase.
How to use Brown Rice?
In this, instead of straight white rice, use brown rice.
Barley is a cereal that is rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants, which work to make milk in the body. Eating it gives energy to the woman, which she needs a lot after having a baby.
How to use barley?
You can drink barley bread or make its soup. You will benefit immensely from this.
7. Bottle Gourd
Gourd is a very nutritious vegetable and it is a must have in mother’s diet. It is rich in water content and fiber content, which makes the digestive system strong. By eating this, more milk is produced in the mother’s body and her body remains hydrated.
How to use Gourd?
- You can make gourd curry or gourd kofta curry for lunch or dinner.
- You can also drink fresh bottle gourd juice daily.
- To get the most out of it, mix it in raita, kheer and kulfi.
- How to Regrow Hair after Pregnancy
- Benefits of Ginger
- Home Remedies For Constipation
- Baby in the Womb
- Home Remedies for Early Periods
- Home Remedies For Typhoid
Oatmeal contains iron and fiber which makes the digestive system strong. By eating it in breakfast in the morning, the production of milk in the woman’s body increases. This is the best way to increase milk in the breast.
How to use Oatmeal?
- If you want, you can also eat oats idli and oats poha in breakfast or snacks in the morning.
- You can also eat oats by making cookies.
What else to do to increase breast milk?
1. Take rest: If the woman’s mind remains calm then her body will also work in the same way and the production of milk in the body will also be correct. Therefore, the woman should not take any kind of stress, which may cause any problem in the production of her milk.
2. Drink more fluids: You need to stay hydrated when you feed your baby. Drink plenty of fluids such as water, coconut water, milk, lemonade and lassi. With this your thirst will also be quenched and milk will also be produced in your chest in abundance.
3. Keep yourself nourished: You should consume more such diet which is rich in calcium and protein. You should consume more green leafy vegetables, lentils, spinach and beet leaves, carrots etc. This will also increase the amount of milk in your body.
4. Warm Compresses: If your body is not producing milk and you are also feeling pain, then you can press the breasts a little by applying warm water pads on your chest. You move it round the chest and then rest for a while. Then this process was repeated for some more time. This is because sometimes blood or water builds up in your chest. To correct nipples, you should eat desi ghee.