First Trimester of Pregnancy: The unique and wonderful experience of pregnancy makes a woman complete. These 9 months are difficult as well as very pleasant for the woman. Not only this, the woman goes through many mental, physical and emotional changes in these nine months. The nine months of pregnancy are divided into three phases trimester, in which the first three months are called the first stage, the fourth to the sixth month is called the second stage and the seventh to the ninth month is called the third stage. These three phases are very important in which a woman should take special care of herself. If you are pregnant then it is very important for you to know about these three trimesters. Let us first know about the first trimester, the first phase.
Information about the first trimester of pregnancy
1. Physical Changes in First Trimester
The first stage of pregnancy comes from the first month of pregnancy to the third month. For the first month, most women do not experience any symptoms of pregnancy, but many women feel some different changes such as:
Change in menstrual cycle
The first change that comes in a woman’s body in the first month of pregnancy is the absence of menstruation. This is the first sign of pregnancy.
In the first stage of pregnancy, a woman feels very tired. She gets tired only after working a little. Many women get a lot of sleep in the first stage.
Vomiting and nausea are also very common in the first phase. It is more in the morning, hence it is also called morning sickness. Along with this, the woman’s body becomes very sensitive about the fragrance, due to which any fragrance causes problems like vomiting, dizziness.
Swelling in the breasts
In the first stage of pregnancy, the breasts become more swollen and sensitive than usual, as well as pain in the breasts.
Change in appetite
Women’s appetite also changes in the first few months of pregnancy. Some women feel very hungry, while some women do not feel like eating anything.
The development of the baby starts from the first month in the womb, in such a situation there are many changes in the weight of the woman. It is also natural for a woman to gain weight during this time.
Constipation can be a problem in the first trimester of pregnancy. This happens due to changes in hormones etc. Not only this, many women also face diseases like indigestion and gas. To avoid this, you should be physically active and eat a diet rich in fiber. Along with this, drinking more water can get rid of constipation and other stomach problems.
In the first trimester of pregnancy, the baby is growing rapidly, due to which the size of the uterus increases. Due to the enlargement of the uterus, there is also pressure on the bladder, due to which there is a problem of frequent urination in pregnancy. However, as the size of the uterus increases, so does this problem.
Most women complain of vaginal discharge for the first few months. If this discharge is white in color then it is very common, but if it is yellow, light red or any other color and it smells bad then it can be a matter of concern. In that case, you should see a doctor immediately.
2. Mental state
- There are many changes in the mental state of a woman during pregnancy. Mood swings are normal due to changes in hormones. In such a situation, a pregnant woman gets angry in one moment and in another moment she is happy. Along with this, crying over small things can also come.
- It is also very common for a woman to feel stressed due to physical and mental changes in the first stage of pregnancy.
- In the first few months of pregnancy, due to the changes in hormones, there is irritability in the nature of the woman.
3. Diet During First Trimester
It is very important to pay special attention to what to eat and what not to eat in the first trimester of pregnancy.
Iron rich diet
During pregnancy, more red blood cells are produced, which increases the flow of oxygen throughout the body. Fatigue is more in the early months of pregnancy and is due to the production of more red blood cells. In such a situation, you should consume more iron-rich diet so that there is no anemia in your body and you do not have anemia. Therefore, eat iron-rich foods like cereals, green vegetables like spinach, beetroot, kiwi, pomegranate, eggs and meat fish etc.
Fiber rich diet
Women face constipation and digestive system problems in the first three months due to hormonal changes. To avoid constipation, include fiber-rich foods in your diet such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables etc. Along with this, take water and other fluids as well.
Calcium and protein rich diet is required during pregnancy so that bones are strong and muscles develop well. For this, take milk and milk products like curd, butter, cheese etc.
A diet containing folic acid also reduces many problems in the uterus. In such a situation, eating orange, lemon, gooseberry etc. provides folic acid and along with this this citrus fruit is also helpful in reducing stomach problems.
Make sure to include whole grains like brown rice, oats etc. in your diet. It is an excellent source of B vitamins and energy, as well as being rich in fiber, does not cause constipation.
4. Things not to eat during 1st Trimester
- Most women in the first trimester of pregnancy face problems like constipation, acidity and indigestion. In such a situation, always take light and quickly digestible food. Stay away from fast food, fried and spicy food.
- Avoid caffeinated foods such as tea and coffee. These can also increase your problems.
- Certain fruits like papaya and pineapple are not recommended in the first trimester. It is believed that excessive consumption of these fruits increases the risk of miscarriage.
- Eating too sweet things like chocolates, sweets, cold drinks, etc. in the first stage of pregnancy can be harmful for the baby and you.
5. Pregnancy Care Tips for First Trimester
Most women get a lot of sleep in the first trimester. You should take complete rest, listening to your body’s signals. Get your sleep done so you feel good.
Eat nutritious food in the first trimester of pregnancy so that you and your baby remain healthy. Along with this, it is also necessary to take the right and nutritious diet for the proper development of the baby. Do not eat things like raw eggs and meat, caffeinated foods, junk food at all.
Be sure to take the necessary supplements from your first trimester onwards. Consult your doctor about which supplements are necessary for you, and only then consume them. Avoid taking any medicine of your own free will.
In the first trimester of pregnancy, you should have regular check-ups and necessary tests. With the help of blood, urine, ultrasound and other tests, you will be able to know about the development and health problems of the unborn baby in the womb. If there are any problems, it is easy to treat them in time.
Exercise and Yoga
Pregnancy doesn’t mean that you have to rest. Pay attention to your physical activities as well. It is also normal to have irritability and tension during this time, so to avoid this, take the help of exercise and yoga. Before doing exercise and yoga postures in the first trimester of pregnancy, first of all take necessary information from a specialist about it.
Due to the changes in hormones, you may also face problems mentally in the first trimester. During this time people will also give you different types of advice. Everyone’s pregnancy experience is different, so don’t think negatively about someone’s words, but stay positive. Be happy and do whatever you love. Worrying or being under stress can increase your complications in pregnancy.
- Is White Discharge a sign of Pregnancy
- How do irregular periods affect Pregnancy
- Menstrual Hygiene Tips
- Early signs of pregnancy
- How to Sleep Better when Pregnant
6. Precautions during First Trimester
- The chances of miscarriage are higher in the first trimester of pregnancy. So you should avoid traveling, climbing stairs or lifting heavy things.
- Do not let the body lack water. Drink plenty of water and along with it take buttermilk, lemon-water, coconut water, fruit juice or shake.
- The first three months of pregnancy are very important, so it would be better for you not to go to crowded places and pollution etc.
- Avoid stress. Stay away from places and people who can cause you anxiety or stress. Doing so has a bad effect on the health of the baby.
- Never diet during pregnancy. By doing this, you and your baby may not get the necessary nutrients, which can cause problems for you.
- The chances of getting colds and other infections during pregnancy are very high. So stay away from people who are prone to infections. Take all measures to avoid them yourself.
- Also avoid going to places that are noisy because sometimes loud noises can also lead to miscarriage or cause health problems to the baby in the womb.