If you are suffering from diabetes then it is very difficult for you to conceive and can pose a challenge. For women who have diabetes, controlling blood glucose in the body is considered most important during pregnancy because gestational diabetes not only affects your health, but it also affects the development of your unborn child.
Therefore, it is very difficult to keep blood sugar normal in the body during pregnancy but it is also necessary. Otherwise, if its quantity is not controlled, there may be miscarriage, premature delivery, problems during childbirth or other problems which can have a bad effect on the mother and the child.
What is Gestational Diabetes?
Gestational diabetes is also a common problem like normal diabetes, but it occurs only during pregnancy in women. It usually ends on its own after pregnancy, but it can cause a lot of difficulties for the mother and the baby during pregnancy.
Gestational diabetes makes your blood glucose levels very high during pregnancy and your blood sugar levels can rise if the body is not producing enough of a hormone called insulin. This insulin helps the muscles and tissues in our body.
During this time, the pregnant woman needs extra insulin and if your body is not able to meet the demand for extra insulin then your blood sugar rises which can lead to gestational diabetes.
Risk Factors for Diabetes During Pregnancy
1. Women who are above 35 years of age at the time of conception.
2. Anyone else in the family suffering from diabetes.
3. If a stillborn child was born in the previous delivery.
4. Being genetically very fat.
5. Increased weight gain after the first delivery.
Symptoms of Diabetes During Pregnancy
This diabetes is different from life-long type 1 and type 2 diabetes and its symptoms are difficult to identify easily. Let’s know the symptoms of sugar in pregnancy:
- excessive thirst
- excessive urination
- recurrence of certain infections
- blurred vision
- dry mouth and feeling tired all day
- body swelling and pain
- Tingling in hands and feet etc.
Effects of Diabetes During Pregnancy
Women who get gestational diabetes during pregnancy, it affects the mother as well as the unborn child, and it can also cause a lot of difficulties during labor. There may be some risk of sugar in gestational diabetes or pregnancy which are as follows.
- The baby of a woman with gestational diabetes may be overweight because if the mother’s body has high glucose levels, the baby’s insulin level may also be high.
- Women with gestational diabetes are more likely to have a C-section delivery as their baby is larger.
- This can increase the risk of developing type 2 diabetes in women after pregnancy.
- Children born to such women have a higher risk of birth defects or organ deformities.
- Gestational diabetes causes a woman to bear more labor pains and there are many problems during delivery.
- Sometimes babies suffer from jaundice as soon as they are born.
- Gestational diabetes also increases the risk of premature delivery.
- The child may have a disease related to the respiratory system, which can cause difficulty in breathing.
- The child also remains at risk of developing type 2 diabetes in the future.
Precautions for Pregnancy Diabetes
Women suffering from diabetes should take special care of themselves so that there is no problem at the time of delivery and she can give birth to a healthy baby. So let us know what precautions should be taken by women suffering from this disease.
- Such women should have their medical check-up regularly and take their medicines at the right time.
- They should take more rest regularly and there should not be any relaxation in exercise, but exercise should be done only with the help of a specialist.
- Keep your diet nutritious and balanced.
- You should consume different types of grains in the food. Eat meals and snacks regularly and eat carbohydrate-rich foods.
- Do not take too many sweets and high-sugar beverages and also avoid consuming high-fat foods. Eat more sprouted grains and salads.
- Chew food comfortably and take a walk after eating food.
- Drink as much water as you can.
- Do not take any medicine by yourself. Always take medicine only after consulting a doctor.
- Keep yourself stress free and be happy always.
- Pregnancy Shopping Checklist
- Diet For First Trimester
- Facts About Pregnancy
- Thyroid During Pregnancy
- Benefits of Walking During Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Development Month by Month
- Funny Ways to Announce Pregnancy
Request: If you like Diabetes During Pregnancy, then do share Facebook, WhatsApp and any social media platform and Friends.