Custom Officer Salary: Today we will tell you how to become a custom officer, through this post you will be given all the information about custom officer like what is custom officer, what is custom department, custom department meaning, how to become custom inspector, all these things to you Will tell. It is a matter of great pride to become a custom officer, you can serve the country by becoming a custom officer. A customs officer is the one who makes sure that there is no export of goods outside the country, which can be stopped by the customs officer. And at the same time you should also know what is customs department.
What is Custom Department
The duty of the customs department is to control the import and export goods. and check prohibited items. Custom Duty was implemented in 1962 under the Indian Customs Act. It is a kind of tax which is levied on the import and export of goods in our country. You can understand, how much benefit the government gets from this. Apart from this, another advantage to the government is that tax is also available on illegal import and export from the Customs Department, which is collected by the Custom Officer. And you will also know further that how to become Custom Officer.
For your information, let us tell you that 17-18% tax from Revenue Tax is received by the Government from Revenue Custom Duty only. By which you can understand how much the government benefits from this. Apart from this, the government gets another benefit from the Custom Department on illegal import and export which is collected by the Custom Officer.
The Customs Department is the one that works to levy custom duty on the import-export of goods, besides it also checks the entry of banned goods. The work of Custom Officer is very responsible.
What is Custom Officer
Custom Officer is the one who examines all the goods falling under his jurisdiction.
Their main job is to keep an eye on the import-export of any goods, whether any goods are being smuggled or banned goods are not being imported-exported.
Qualification to Become Custom Officer
You also have to fulfill the qualifications that have been prescribed to become a Custom Officer.
- Education Qualification: Candidates who want to become Custom Officer must have passed Bachelor Degree in any stream with 55% marks from any recognized University.
2. Age Limit: To become a Custom Officer, the minimum age of the candidate should be 21 years and the maximum age should be 28 years. Apart from this, according to the rules of the government, some years relaxation in age has been given to SC / ST candidates.
3. Physical Ability: To become a Custom Officer, the physical qualification of the candidate should be as follows.
- Height – 157.5 Cm
- Chest – 81 Cm
Apart from all these qualifications, you should also have some essential qualities. What is required to become a customs officer.
- You must have citizenship of India.
- You must have a license of any one vehicle.
- You have never used any kind of Medicine.
- There should be Reliable Transportation.
- Your communication and behavior with the community you are working with should be better and you should cooperate with them. This quality should also be in a Custom Officer.
- You should have good knowledge of operating radio and telephone.
So after fulfilling these qualifications you will be eligible to become a Custom Officer. Let us know how to become a Custom Officer.
How to become a Custom Officer
To become a Custom officer, examinations are conducted by the government, which you have to pass.
Candidates who want to become Custom Officer have to first apply for Civil Service Exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC (Public Service Association).
This exam is divided into 3 steps.
1. Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT)
There are 2 papers of Civil Service Aptitude Test. Objective Type Questions of 200 Marks are asked in each paper. In this exam, questions are asked from National and International Level Current Affairs, History of India, General Awareness, Geography, Economic and Social Development, General Science, Reasoning, Math’s and English.
2. Civil Service Main Examination
Candidate can give the Main Exam of Civil Service after examining the Civil Service Aptitude. Maybe you do not know but the main exam of Civil Services is the toughest exam, for this you have to work very hard. There are 9 papers in this exam of Civil Service.
3. Personality Test
If you clear the Main Exam of Civil Service, after that you are called for Personality Test.
So in this way you know what to do to become a Custom Officer, after passing all these exams, you can become a Custom Officer.
Do you know what functions are included in the customs officer’s rights?
Functions of Custom Officer
The Custom Officer is appointed by the Custom Department. Custom officers work at ports and airports.
So let us now tell you about the work of Customs Officer.
- Identifying people to ask questions before committing a crime, based on potential risk, etc.
- Arresting people suspected of trafficking.
- Checking the documents related to the goods to be imported.
- To stop the worldwide illegal trade of extinct species of animals and birds.
- Prohibiting the import and export of Illegal goods.
- Checking the goods which are prohibited and stopping them.
Customs Officer Jobs
So to work in Custom Department, you can try for these jobs. You can also see the vacancy of Custom Department online.
- Custom Inspector
- Tax Assistant
- Assistant Commissioner
- Preventive Officer
- Custom Clearance Officer
- Case Processing Officer
- Commercial Executive/ Officer
- Import Executive
So to work in Custom Department, you can try for these jobs. You can see Online Custom Department Vacancy.
Now you must be thinking that if the custom officer has to do such responsible work, then how much would be his salary according to this?
Customs officer salary
Custom Officer also has a different rank, according to which is Custom Officer Salary. The officer working on the post of Custom Officer is given salary from Rs.25,000 to Rs.42,000 every month, which is a good salary. Along with such a great salary, there are many other benefits that the Custom Officer gets.
- House Rent Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Professional Tax
- Employee Life Insurance
- Dearness Allowance
- Central Government Health Insurance
So this salary is that of the Custom Officer and in addition to this, the Custom Officer also gets the benefits which you have been told above.
- Career in Journalism
- How to Become a News Anchor
- Career in Tourism
- Career in Yoga
- Careers in Film Industry
- How to Turn Your Hobby Into a Career
In today’s post, you have got all the information about Custom Officer, which will help you to do a job in Custom Department.
So how much this post has helped you in becoming a Custom Officer, tell me by commenting in the comment box.
Share this information with your friends on Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram also.