To keep the skin glowing and healthy, women do clean ups and facials every month. But there is a strict prohibition regarding clean-up during pregnancy and facials in pregnancy. The reason behind this is believed to be the chemicals present in the products used in these beauty treatments. Know Tips to do Clean Up at Home During Pregnancy.
Experts believe that these chemicals can be harmful to the health of both mother and baby. This is the reason why in this article today we have come up with some easy ways to clean up at home to maintain the glow of the skin during pregnancy. These measures are not only safe in pregnancy, but will also prove to be effective. So, before starting the article let us know what is clean up.
What is Clean-up
Many people believe that clean means clean, then face wash means clean up, but it is not so. The process of deep cleansing of the skin is called clean up. Cleansing, exfoliating, steaming means steaming the skin and then toning and moisturizing are its steps.
Through clean up, it helps to clean excess oil, dead skin, dust, dirt, pollution etc. from the skin. Clean up is very important to keep the skin clean, healthy and glowing.
Tips to do Clean Up at Home During Pregnancy
Cleaning up during pregnancy can be done at home with some easy steps and safe ingredients. Below are its methods, which are as follows:
Step 1: Cleansing
Do the cleansing in two parts. First of all, with the help of cleansing milk, we clean the dust and dirt from the makeup or pores from the skin. After this clean the face with mild face wash.
- First of all, rub cleansing milk on the face.
- After this, clean the makeup and dust with an emollient-based face wipe or cotton.
- Now it’s time for face wash. It cleans any kind of dirt left on the face.
- Clean the face with normal water. Tap-tap with light hands and wipe it with a soft towel.
Step 2: Exfoliation
Exfoliating is done to remove dead skin from the skin. Keep in mind that the skin should be exfoliated only once a week. It cannot be done every day. Because excessive exfoliation can cause breakouts and many other problems on the skin. In pregnancy, you will use a plant based face scrub to exfoliate the skin.
- To exfoliate the skin, first wet the face.
- Now take out a little scrub and spread it all over the face.
- Massage the face in circular motion with light hands.
Step 3: Steam
Now steam the skin. By taking steam, sweat comes out from the face and the pores closed from the skin get opened. This process is helpful in removing the toxins, bacteria, dust, dirt and dead cells hidden in the clogged pores. This cleanses the face from inside, which makes it easier for the skin to breathe.
- Take hot water in an open-mouthed vessel.
- Cover your face with a towel and place it over it in such a way that your face can get steam.
- You can steam the skin for 5 to 10 minutes. Steaming for longer than this can damage the skin.
- Do not take the face too close to the water.
Step 4: Face Pack
After 5 minutes of steaming, apply a clay mask to remove dirt, black heads and white heads from the pores. It cleanses, detoxifies and makes the skin glowing.
- Apply the mask all over the face.
- After 10 to 15 minutes clean the face with normal water.
- Gently wipe the face with a soft towel.
Step 5: Toner
Now apply toner on your face. It helps in closing the pores while keeping the pH level of the skin balanced. Keep in mind that pregnant should always use mild and natural toners.
- Take toner as needed in a cotton.
- Apply it all over the face.
- Let the toner dry. Do not do face wash after applying it.
Step 6: Moisturizer
The last step in the clean up is to moisturize the skin. It nourishes and hydrates the skin, making it glowing. Choose a moisturizer containing vitamin-C during pregnancy.
- Take moisturizer as needed in your hands.
- Apply dot-dot all over the face.
- Now massage in circular motion.
So in this way pregnant women can clean up at home and take care of their skin. Just note that for clean up use only pregnancy safe organic, plant based and dermatologist tested products. Happy pregnancy!