Blog SEO Tips: How to write SEO Friendly Blog Post is a skill for both search engines and users. This skill can be improved by knowledge and practice.
To make the article SEO friendly, you have to follow some simple steps like the title of the post, the structure of the blog, headings, keyword placement. Which are quite simple things to listen to, but still play an important role in ranking.
In this post, I will tell you about 7 steps, which I follow and optimize SEO for my post.
Blog SEO Tips: How to write SEO Friendly Post
SEO-friendly content means that the search engine can easily understand the post you are writing about and help it rank higher.
Before knowing about this topic in details, I want to make you clear two things.
- An SEO friendly post is also a user-friendly blog post.
- The post SEO which is optimized does not necessarily have quality content.
- Since the 2011 Panda algorithm update, content is the number one ranking factor.
Therefore, you can not rank by just fooling the search engine, you will also have to write good quality content. So let’s know how to write SEO friendly posts?
1. Create Post Structure
By dividing your blog post by creating a clear structure, it is easier for you to write.
This is useful when you do not have time to finish the post in one sitting. Once the structure is done, then you can work on different parts independently.
In general, a blog post consists of introduction, body and conclusion. Body can also be divided into several parts.
2. Keyword Research
When it comes to SEO, keyword research is the most essential step for a blog post. Which keyword has more traffic, to find out its related keywords and their search volume.
There are many free and paid keyword research tools like, Keyword planner, Ubersuggest, SEMrush, with the help of which you can find a great keyword for the post.
This will show you the search volume, keyword difficulty and data of top competitors for specific keywords. Also, here you will suggest some relevant keywords which you can use in the post.
3. Identify Search Intent
After selecting a keyword, find out about the search intent. Analyze what kind of article is ranking on that keyword. This will help you understand what kind of article Google considers better for which types of queries.
- What kind of post is your competitor writing.
- How they have structured their content to meet the needs of users.
- What is the length of those posts?
- How much in-depth has been written about Topic.
Example: If your keyword is “how to delete Instagram account” then what is your Instagram here? There is no need to write about how it works.
4. On-Page SEO
The role of on page SEO is very important to make a post SEO friendly. If you are a WordPress user, you can improve on page by using Yoast SEO or RankMath plugin.
1. Title and Meta Title
The title of your post is important for the reader, what topic you are talking about in the post and it is also very important for search rankings.
- Title: How the reader sees the title of the post on your website.
- Meta Title: How your post looks in search engines.
Use the Yoast SEO plugin for different titles on website visitors and search engine.
Use your focus keyword within title and meta title to make your blog post title SEO friendly. Also make the title attractive and clickable, as CTR plays an important role in ranking.
2. Meta Description
Meta description gives a brief description about a post, which appears below the title in the search results. In this, the words used in the searcher’s query are shown in bold.
Although search engines will automatically create a meta description for you, you can customize it to make it more attractive to readers.
Each WordPress SEO plugin allows adding meta descriptions to your posts. Many times the first two lines of your post show as default meta descriptions.
You should also make sure that you use the focus keyword in the meta description.
You should keep these things in mind to optimize the permalink or URL of the post SEO.
- Use the Main Keyword in Permalink.
- Remove stop words like “is, are, a, the, an, to”.
- Always use English language in Permalink.
- Once you publish the post, never change the permalink.
Best Format: http://www.rnkhabri.com/What-is-Permalink
4. H1, H2, H3 Headings
- Using the right heading tags is also an important aspect of SEO.
- There can be only one H1 tag inside a post and by default, the post title uses the H1 heading tag.
- So for the next sub-heading, you can use H2 tag, and then H3, H4 tag.
- Especially when you are writing a long post, using proper heading tag in it makes it easier for the search engine and users to read.
- For better SEO practice, definitely use your main keyword in H1, H2 headings.
5. Image Alt Tag
- Images, infographics help to enhance the quality of a blog post and for better user experience.
- Search engine crawler cannot see images. Image alt text is an overview of an image. The crawler detects through this text the relevant image related to the content.
- To make the image of your post SEO friendly, definitely use proper image names and keywords within the alt text.
6. Internal & External Linking
When writing new posts, readers spend more time on your site than always linking old blog posts. This helps in better navigation of your site and reducing bounce rate.
- Internal links: These are links that go to other pages of that website.
- External links: There are links that go to an outside website.
Use anchor text while doing internal linking. You can use the relevant keyword from that post within the anchor text.
External links are used to give more relevant information to the reader. It is always necessary to link to trusted websites with high authority on that subject.
7. Keyword Placement
Keyword placement is very important to rank your post on the main keyword as well as other keywords.
Where to use Keyword
- Post Title, first paragraph (within 1st 100 words), first H2 Heading, in conclusion, Image alt text, permalink.
- Also, use LSI keywords within subheading and paragraphs within the entire post.
5. Optimize for Google Featured Snippets
Google Featured Snippet is a new feature. The purpose of this SERP feature is to answer the user’s question immediately. You can optimize your content in such a way that it increases the chances of your post getting featured in the featured snippet.
To come to Featured Snippet, keep these things in mind:
- Analyze the Google SERP to know whether a featured snippet exists for the keyword you are targeting.
- Featured snippet Identify how the structure is. Is it a paragraph, list or table?
- Answer the question immediately after subheading. Write a short answer that is better than the current answer in featured snippet.
6. Add FAQ section
Include some relevant questions and answers related to your topic in your post. After searching the target keyword in Google, you will find a section of ‘people also ask’ from there you can take questions. (Blog SEO Tips)
For this, use FAQ schema.
FAQ schema site takes more space in search results, which makes the post more likely to be seen and can improve click-through rates.
Here you will find option inside Yoast SEO or RankMath WordPress plugins to create FAQ schema markup. (Blog SEO Tips)
7. Update Old Content
Google gives priority to fresh search engines after freshness update. Updating old blog posts with better, more useful and more information can lead to a huge increase in ranking and traffic.
- Identify blog posts with high rank potential.
- Update that post in the context of the present.
- Updating is a good way to increase click-through rate.
Google updates its algorithm several times per year. Improving your content according to the new algorithm has an impact in ranking and traffic.
- What is Backlink
- How to Create AdSense Ad Unit
- How to Google AdSense Approval
- AdSense Hosted Account vs Non Hosted
SEO Friendly Post Final Checklist
- Do keyword research
- Identify Search Intent
- Structure by analyzing the top 10 results
- Create a catchy title (Keyword in Title and Meta Title)
- Use keyword in Meta Description
- Use the keyword in permalink and remove the stop words.
- Use proper heading tags (keywords in H1, H2 tags)
- Image Alt Tag (use keyword)
- Internal & External Links must add
- Use LSI keywords inside posts
- Optimize for Google Featured Snippets
- Add FAQ Schema
- Update old content
Blog SEO Tips: How to write an SEO friendly post This skill can make a huge difference in increasing your blogging ability. I hope you can write SEO optimized post by following the steps mentioned here.