Castor oil is considered very beneficial in terms of beauty and health. It is a golden yellow colored oil. Pressing the seeds of the castor plant releases a cold, sticky substance from which its oil is made. In scientific language, it is known as Risinus Communis. Castor plant is found only in certain forests of India and Africa. Many types of skin and hair problems can be easily relieved by the use of castor oil. It is no less than any herb for health. know Benefits of Castor Oil and Disadvantages.
What is Castor Oil
It also increases immunity. Along with bringing moisture to dry skin, it also brings glow. Any kind of infection can be avoided by its use. Castor oil has anti-inflammatory, anti-aging and anti-bacterial properties. In India, castor oil is known by many names, such as Amudamu in Telugu, intentenda tela in Marathi, etc. Mostly castor oil is used to make moisturizer for fungal infections, face.
Benefits of Castor Oil
Castor oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties. Due to these properties, it is being used in cosmetics. Instead of using chemical-laden chemical products, natural castor oil can give you relief from many skin problems. Along with the face, castor oil is also considered very effective for hair. So let us tell you about the benefits of castor oil.
Castor Oil for Hair
From grandmother’s prescriptions to doctor’s consultations for black, long and thick hair, everyone will suggest its use. Despite taking utmost care of hair, due to changing lifestyle and pollution, it has become common to deal with hair problems. But with the help of castor oil, all kinds of hair problems can be got rid of.
There are three types of skin, dry, oily and mixed. For those with dry skin, castor oil is nothing less than a boon. If you are troubled by dry skin, then using castor oil can be of great benefit to you. Due to this there is no lack of moisture in dry skin. Those with dry skin should use castor oil regularly. To use it, soak cotton in castor oil and apply it on your face. Wash the face after keeping it for 1 hour.
Caster Oil for Acne
Generally people suffering from oily skin or acne problem are forbidden to use any oil. But castor oil can be beneficial in reducing acne. If your skin is also acne prone, then using castor oil will not do any harm. Wash your face with warm water, so that the pores of the face are opened. Then keep castor oil on the face overnight and clean the face with cold water in the morning.
Remove Signs of Aging – Fights Signs of Aging
Castor oil is also considered beneficial as an anti-aging element. If used regularly, it also helps in hiding the signs of aging. It hydrates the skin, thereby eliminating the problem of wrinkles and the skin looks soft, clean and youthful. Massage the face with a few drops of castor oil and leave it overnight and wash it off with water in the morning. This will reduce the problem of anti-aging.
Keep shine with oil massage
To make the hair long, thick and retain its natural shine, massage the head with castor oil regularly. If the burdock root found in India is mixed with castor oil and applied on the hair, then the lost shine of the hair can be returned.
Stop Hair fall with castor oil
Hair fall is a common problem now a days. To prevent hair fall, prepare a pack by mixing castor oil in fenugreek seed powder and apply it on the hair once a week. This strengthens the hair roots and reduces their fall.
Castor oil to Reduce Belly Fat
Experts believe that if castor oil is used properly after consulting a doctor, then it can make belly fat disappear in just 10 to 15 days. To remove belly fat, two spoons of castor oil should be taken on an empty stomach in the morning. Before using this recipe, please consult your doctor once.
Castor Oil Uses
- Castor oil is generally used only in its pure form. But it is not that mixing it with other oils does any harm. There are many oils with which castor oil can be easily mixed. So let us tell you about the use of castor oil.
- To make a hair serum, mix 3 teaspoons of castor oil and 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil or argan oil. Massage the hair with this mixture for 5 minutes.
- Mix castor oil and olive oil in a ratio of 1:3. Then massage the face with it. If you have oily skin, use jojoba oil instead of olive oil. It is effective for anti aging.
- To make hand cream, mix castor oil and sesame oil in the ratio of 1:1. By applying this mixture on the hands, the hands will start feeling soft.
Disadvantages of Castor Oil
Just like every coin has two sides, similarly everything has both advantages and disadvantages. Admittedly, castor oil has many benefits, but its side effects also cannot be denied. Before using castor oil, also know about the harm caused by it.
1. Before using castor oil on the skin, eyes or hair, do a patch test of it. Some people also get rashes or allergies due to its use. If you want, you can consult an expert or doctor.
2. Castor oil is very hot, its excessive consumption can cause diarrhea. Be sure to consult a doctor before using it.
3. Consuming too much castor oil can also cause problems like stomach cramps, vomiting, weakness and dizziness.
5. Many brands use castor oil in lipstick. Do not use lipstick if you are allergic to castor oil.
6. After using castor oil, if there is difficulty in breathing, skin rash, itching or swelling, then contact the doctor immediately.