Benefits of Almonds: Every parent wants their child to be healthy, fit and fast, so that they also take special care of their food and drink. Along with giving nutritious food to their children, parents also resort to other things for their physical and mental development.
In fact, nuts contain a large amount of protein. It is very beneficial for children as well as adults. One of those nuts is almond which is the main source of protein and fiber. So let us know when, how many and why children should be given almonds (Benefits of Almonds).
Best Time to give Almond to
Children’s almonds should not be given at a very young age, but almonds should be given to them till their age is above 7 or 8 months. This is the right age to give almonds to children, but take special care that there is no coating of any kind on them.
It should be natural. If your children cannot digest or chew food now, then you can give them powder by grinding almonds.
How much to give almonds to children?
When you start giving almonds to your baby, you should start with half an almond and when the child turns 1 year old, start giving 1 almond. Then with increasing age, gradually increase its quantity. But do not give more than half in the beginning as the baby’s stomach is not able to digest much yet.
This can lead to other stomach-related problems for the baby. Give only such quantity of almonds in a day, this will keep your baby healthy and his brain development will also be good.
Nutrients of almonds (Nutritional value per 100 grams)
- Energy: 2,423 kJ (579 calories)
- Carbohydrates: 21.6 grams
- Fat: 49.9 grams
- Protein: 21.2 grams
- Calcium: 264 mg
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Iron, magnesium, potassium, vitamin B6 and others.
Benefits of Almonds for Children
There are many benefits of giving almonds to children. So know why you should give almonds to your child. Memory is also sharpened by almonds and if almonds are eaten mixed with milk, then its nutritional value increases even more. In winter, almond milk improves both mental and physical health of children. Apart from this, it brings strength to bear the cold.
1. Sharp mind
Due to the protein in almonds, it improves the functioning of the brain, sharpens memory and increases brain power. Apart from this, it repairs the brain cells of children and also improves their thinking power.
2. Helpful in strengthening bones
Drinking almond milk strengthens the bones of children. Children get plenty of vitamin D in this mixture. Due to vitamin D, calcium reaches the bones easily. Drinking almond milk reduces the risk of arthritis and osteoporosis in children.
3. Strong immunity system
In winter, the problem of cold, cough and cold in the baby is quite common. In such a situation, almond milk protects them from these problems by increasing their immunity. By drinking almond milk, babies do not fall prey to problems like cold and cold quickly.
4. Beneficial for the eyes
Vitamin A is abundant in almond milk which is very essential for the eyes. Therefore, drinking it reduces the problem of eyes of children. His eyesight is also bright.
5. For healthy skin
Almond milk also contains Vitamin E which makes the skin disease free and healthy. It also maintains moisture in the skin. It is very beneficial not only for children but also for elders. This helps them in preventing skin related problems like blemishes etc.
How to Feed Almonds to Young Children
Let’s know the right way to eat almonds:
- Soak and feed: Soak almonds in water overnight and peel it in the morning, dry it and grind it in the same way and mix it well in milk. This is the best way to eat almonds. The taste of almonds is hot and soaking in water brings coolness in it.
- Make almond powder: You can grind almonds and give it to your child younger than 1 year. You can give this powder to them by adding it to various dishes of their food or by making a puree of it.
When the baby is a little older, you can give him small pieces of almonds to eat. But keep in mind that no piece gets stuck in their neck. Give almonds to children by mixing them in milk or in any other food item.
- Almond milk: Children get double benefit by giving almond milk. To give almond milk, take half an almond for the baby and grind it, then mix this powder in mother’s milk or formula milk and feed it to the baby. You must give this milk to your children during the winter season.
- Saffron Almonds Milk: If your child has grown a little more, then you can blend the almonds and then add it to the hot milk and together with a little cardamom powder and a little saffron, boil the milk. Then give this saffron almond milk to the children. Children will get very good results by drinking this.
You can also give almonds to children by mixing them with any other food item, but give only almond powder to young children. If the child has become a chewing almond, then you should cut small pieces under your supervision and mix it in some thing or in milk. You can also give almonds mixed with honey to your child daily.
- 5 Effective Ways to Prevent from Pollution
- Fetus Weight Chart
- How to Stop a Runny Nose instantly
- 1 Year Baby Food Chart
Other Benefits of Almonds
By feeding almonds to children, the amount of hemoglobin in the blood increases and blood circulation is also fine. Apart from this, the glow on the face of the children remains. But you should also keep in mind that you should not give more almonds to the children and give them in the right quantity because the effect of almonds is hot.
Consuming too much of it can also cause harm. It is considered good to give almond powder in the cold season and soak them in the summer season. In the cold season, it protects them from many types of seasonal diseases and in the summer season by eating soaked almonds, the body remains cool.
If you give almonds to your children at the right age, in the right quantity and in the right way, then it will prove to be very effective for you and they will also save them from many diseases.