How to Become an Accountant: In both the private and public sector, it is necessary to keep an account of things related to various transactions, in which saving information about financial transactions, preparing and sending billing, keeping checks related to finance, various tax related documents. Assisting in the process related to maintaining and filling them on time, etc. are included. Mainly all these works come under the account department, where the person working where the ‘Accountant’ goes.
Most of the times students who have passed from the commerce education stream are inclined towards making a career as an ‘accountant’, if you also want to make a career as an accountant, and want to get the right information, then by this article The given information will prove to be very important for you. Here we will tell you in detail about the important aspects like the necessary examinations for an accountant, the available education, the necessary eligibility and the salary given to such persons.
How to Become an Accountant
What is an Accountant? or Meaning of Accountant
Generally, most of you must have heard about the term accountant, which you would also have a desire to know the exact meaning of, here let us tell you that the translation of ‘Accountant’.
Keeping an account of various financial transactions in any private organization, business sector companies, factories etc. is a very important and responsible task.
Along with this, keeping tax papers, receipts etc., preparing and sending or accepting billing, checking account books, getting salary shit done, keeping records of attendance and non-attendance etc. does.
You will also see this type of accountant profession in the public sector, where these people are seen doing the above mentioned work in the respective public sector companies, institutions and departments.
Types of Accountant
Here we will introduce you to the main types of accountants which include.
- Financial Accountant
- Cost Accountant
- Management Accountant
Let us tell you that there are three main types of accountants, by whom most of the work is done in the Accountancy Department. Information about eligibility related to education and other things required for these posts will be given to you further.
How to become a Financial Accountant
In the following way, you have been given information about the necessary things about a financial accountant, which is as follows.
- Interested student should have passed minimum Bachelor’s degree in commerce education stream with accounting subject.
- In such a way that the educated persons have to initially work as Book Keeping Assistant or Junior Accountant in the beginning, so that they can get the necessary work experience.
- Let us tell you that all those who want to make a career as a financial accountant, successfully passing the Tally course proves to be very beneficial, in which there are courses like Advanced Tally, Tally with GST etc. nowadays. Learning other accounting related programs and software along with Tally also proves beneficial here.
- If you join such educational institution where you are provided education related to auditing, e-payment, TDS, accounting through computer, share market, GST etc., then believe me you will be a financial accountant. All these things will prove to be a milestone in the making.
- In the end, it is necessary to have some necessary skills in you, which include the ability to calculate, the ability to find solutions to the question, interest in mathematics, the ability to do accounting with the help of technology, etc.
How to become a Cost Accountant
Here we will tell you about this process in brief along with the necessary qualifications to become a cost accountant, which includes the following things such as:
- If you want to make a career as a cost accountant in the future, then for this it is necessary to complete the course ‘Cost and Accountancy’ which comes under the Institute of Cost and Accounts of India.
- The ‘Cost and Accountancy’ course has to be completed in three phases, for which it is mandatory to pass the minimum class 12th for admission in the first phase. Here the duration of the first phase is of 8 months, for which the minimum age of the interested student must be 17 years while applying.
- Where does the second stage go to Intermediate, for which the interested student should have passed the minimum graduation education, as well as the minimum age of such a candidate should be more than 18 years, the total duration of the course of this stage is 10 months.
- All the students who have cleared a total of 8 papers are considered eligible for the final stage. In this way, the duration of the entire course has been fixed for 18 months, in which all the passed students are certified for ‘cost and accountancy’.
- You can complete this course in the education fee of about 41,000 thousand rupees, failing which most of the times means increasing the prescribed education period.
From the point of view of employment, this course is considered to be a great option, in which after getting certified, you can work in the prestigious positions related to the account departments like Cost Controller, Chief Auditor, Chief Internal Auditor etc.
- Persons who have passed this course get excellent employment options in the private and public sector, including the CAG – Controller and Audit General Department of the Government of India.
About Management Accountant
Most of the people have a desire to work in the accounts department in national and international companies related to different business, in this situation there is an option to work as an accountant related to management, which is known as ‘Management Accountant’.
Let us tell you that people who have such skills or have gained such work experience are given a lot of importance in the coming days. Because companies working on KPO, IFRS, value management in corporate sector, companies doing business in different countries need such persons in abundance.
A person who wishes to work as an accountant in such a field must be a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accounts (CIMA).
Where mainly by analyzing information related to business, decision making, financial planning, anticipating profit and loss, finding solutions to problems related to business, advising financial planning according to the present time and making business strategy etc. Is.
Overall, while working as this type of accountant, you have to work on the main parameters like business management, financial planning and value management, where along with earning good money, you also get to learn a lot.
Jobs of such positions are also considered prestigious in the private sector, because whether it is national or multinational, the annual financial business of such companies is very large.
Accountant Course or Accountant Exam
Let us tell you that if you want to build your future as an accountant, then the first thing necessary is to get a minimum graduation level education from any education stream.
Students who pass a bachelor’s degree from commerce education stream, it becomes even easier for them to work in this field later because such students are well-read account subject and economics is also considered an important subject here.
Below we have given the details of some educational programs, in which you can build a career as an accountant by successfully passing the exam. Most of these are short duration certificate courses, which are as follows:
- Financial Risk Manager Certification (FRM Certification)
- Chartered Financial Consultant Certification (CFC Certification)
- Certification – Chartered Financial Analyst (Certification – CFA)
- Public Account Certification / Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Certified Accountant (CCA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst
- Cost Management Accounting (CMA), etc.
By successfully passing the above courses, you become able to work as an accountant, let us tell you that the eligibility, fee, duration, etc., required for all these courses are different, but ultimately you can become an accountant in public and private sector through this.
Apart from all these courses, you can also take admission for Chartered Accountant (CA) course, which has a longer duration of step-by-step process of passing, but the person who succeeds in this, they get a lot of options to build a golden future.
List of Accounting Courses
Here we have given below the details of some of the undergraduate and postgraduate level education related to Accountancy, which are general duration courses. The main courses covered are as follows:
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting
- Chartered Accountant (CA) – Post Graduate Level (Chartered Accountant)
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- BBA in Accounting
- MBA in Accounting
- Master of Commerce – Accounting (M. Com in Accounting), etc.
Salary of Accountant
First of all, you have to keep this main thing in mind that accountant posts are present in both private and public sectors, apart from this, the salary would have been fixed on the basis of whichever company, institution or business sector these posts are available.
Generally, for the post of accountant, the salary is given in the beginning from about 3 lakh to 5 lakh (Indian Rupees) annually, which increases after some time.
Here people who work on the post of Chartered Accountant, they are given salary from about 7 lakhs to 10 lakhs (Indian Rupees) annually.
Till now you have got information on almost all the major aspects related to the career as an accountant, in which we have introduced you to all the necessary things.
We believe that the given information will prove beneficial to you in the near future, so that other people must share the article to get the benefit of this information. Thank you so much for staying with us.
- Custom Officer Salary
- How to Become Income Tax Officer
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Top Programming Language
- Paramedical Course
Most Frequently asked questions about accountant:
Q1. Is it mandatory to clear Tally course to get a job as an accountant?
Answer: Although there is no compulsion to pass Tally course, but students who have passed this course are given priority during job selection.
Q2. How many types of accountants are found in general?
Answer: There are mainly three types of accountants such as 1. Financial 2. Cost 3. Management