The journey of pregnancy may be full of ups and downs, but these days women need special care. This need is not only towards their health, but may also be towards their beauty treatment. But, beauty treatments or special skin and hair treatments should be done in pregnancy only if you know their results.
This is the main reason why we are here giving information about whether it can be safe to take beauty treatments during pregnancy or not. You can read information about what kind of beauty treatments you can include in pregnancy as beauty treatments.
Is it Safe to Take Beauty Treatments During Pregnancy
Whether it is safe to take beauty treatments during pregnancy can depend on the stage of pregnancy and the type of beauty treatment. What types of beauty treatments can be safe to take during pregnancy and which types of beauty treatments can be risky for pregnancy, we are giving detailed information below in the article.
Beauty Treatments That Are Safe During Pregnancy
If you want to pamper yourself during pregnancy, then below are some beauty treatments that are considered safe during pregnancy.
1. Manicure and Pedicure: Pedicure and manicure can be done during pregnancy. But, tell about your pregnancy in advance in the beauty parlor. Because during foot massage there are some points that can trigger pre-term labor. Apart from this, choose a parlor where good products are used and hygiene is taken care of.
2. Waxing: Waxing during pregnancy is safe. However, it is prohibited in certain circumstances. Such as varicose veins, melasma, rashes, wounds, sunburns and injection site waxing should be avoided in pregnancy. Also, if you do get bikini area waxed, it is advisable not to do it during pregnancy.
3. Facial with simple cream: For flawless and glowing skin, women get facials done every second and third month. Talk about facials in pregnancy can be relaxing and refreshing. However, some precautions need to be taken while getting facials during pregnancy.
Actually, the chemicals present in the products used for facials can be harmful for the mother and the baby. However, some parlors offer special chemical free facials for pregnant women. If more is needed then you can get facials done with chemical free products. At the same time, completely avoid bleach during facials.
4. Hair color: If you are worried about the graying of hair in pregnancy, then let us tell you that most hair colors are considered safe during pregnancy. It is known from many research papers that the chemicals in hair color are not toxic.
However, some doctors forbid hair coloring in the first trimester. At the same time, do not use dyes that have a strong odor. Along with this, the use of hair dye should also be avoided in skin diseases like eczema or psoriasis on the scalp.
5. Body Massage: Massage during pregnancy relieves anxiety and depression as well as provides relief from muscle and knee pain. If you go for a massage, then tell the person who is going to massage you about it in advance. This is because it is forbidden to put too much pressure on certain points during pregnancy.
Unsafe Beauty Treatments during Pregnancy
It is advisable not to do the following beauty treatments during delivery, which are as follows:
- Chemical peel treatments
- Hot stone facial
- Aromatherapy facials
- Teeth whitening
Hope you have got answers to all your questions regarding beauty treatments in Delivery in this article. Considering the health of you and your baby, it would be better to consult your doctor before taking any beauty treatment. Also, choose a parlor for beauty treatment where hygiene is taken care of and good products are used. Happy pregnancy!
Read More: Benefits of Coconut Water During Pregnancy