BAMS Course Details: We do not have complete information about various education courses under the medical education. In which when you have to take admission in the education related to this branch, then a lot of questions are in your mind. As such, eligibility related to the course, education fee, available college options etc.
In order to answer your questions, in this important and special article, we are going to give detailed information about the academic BAMS related to medical education. In which you will not only get the basic information of this course, but if you have doubts in your mind, then your solution will also be found through information.
If you have passed the class from Bar Science stream and you want to take admission for this course, then the information given to you will definitely prove to be precious guidance.
BAMS Full Form And What is BAMS Course
The BAMS is a full-fledged Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery course under the medical branch. In which information is given about all the basic subjects covered under Ayurvedic system of medicine, and practical and theoretical knowledge is provided of various ingredients used in medicine.
Most of the world, there has been a lot of inclination of students towards this education in India since its inception, which was the most practiced and spread of Ayurveda in India itself.
BAMS Course Fees
Talking about the fee of this course, you can incur an education fee of about 5 lakh to 6 lakh till the completion of the course, in which your selection of college is an important thing.
Just as if you take admission in private college for doing this course, then there is an increase in the education fee, the completion of the education from the public college reduces your expenses to a great extent.
Many times in this, some students have to go to study in other cities except their own city, in which case other expenses are additionally added to this education fee.
BAMS Course Duration
The full education course of BAMS is five and a half years, in which the college education session has to be completed for four and a half years. And later there is a compulsory internship of one year, in which students have to practice medical education.
In this way, overall, the duration of this educational sequence of five and a half years can also increase if you fail most of the times.
BAMS Admission Procedure
Students who have successfully completed the class with subjects of Biology, Chemistry and Physics from the stream science education stream. Must have passed the National Level Eligibility Test NEET of Medical. All those students can apply for admission in various government and private medical colleges.
However, after the final result of NEET eligibility test, the process of admission to medical college for this course starts. Where the merit list is made on the basis of the marks obtained in the NEET eligibility test of the students, in which students with good marks can easily get admission.
Students with good marks in the eligibility test have the option of admission to various colleges across the country, in which students can choose the college according to their choice. Many times the low-scoring students either remain on the waiting list, or they have to opt for admission to other private or public colleges.
In this way, the process of admission is completed by almost all the colleges in the country in a period of time, in which millions of students from all over the country take admission annually.
BAMS Course Eligibility
There are some major eligibility criteria for admission in this course, on the basis of which students are admitted. Below we have given information on these things, which will definitely benefit you.
- For admission to BAMS, the eligibility for minimum education is required to pass class time, which is compulsory.
- It is compulsory to pass the class with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from the stream science education stream.
- Your total marks in class 12th should be at least 50 percent.
- It is mandatory to pass the National Level Eligibility Test NEET (NEET – National Eligibility Cum Entrance Exam) for medical education with good marks.
Students who fulfill all the above criteria are ultimately called eligible for admission to BAMS.
BAMS Entrance Exam
At the national level, the eligibility test for medical ‘NEET’ is organized at a fixed time throughout the country. For which it is mandatory to give admission in medical education, in which questions related to biology, physics and chemistry are asked.
Here if you have to take admission in BAMS then it becomes mandatory to take this eligibility test.
BAMS Course Syllabus
Here you have to keep in mind that one session of BAMS is one and a half years, in this way the course of four and a half years is given below.
- History of Ayurveda
- Physiology (action body)
- History of modern medicine
- Pharmaceuticals of Ayurveda (Rasastha and Bhajajya Kalpana)
- Toxicology (advanced system)
- Pathology (diagnostics)
- Medica of Ayurveda (Mass Multiplication)
- Jurisprudence (Vidhi Vaidyak)
- Pulse examination (pulse diagnosis)
- ENT, Eye and Dentistry (Shalakya Tantra)
- Gynecology (obstetric system)
- Medical Ethics and Yoga
- Physiotherapy (General Medicine)
- Obstetric (Female Yoga)
In this way, there is a four-and-a-half year education session, followed by a one-year compulsory internship. In this way it takes five and a half years to complete this education sequence.
BAMS Course Books For Study
Below we have given some important books which can prove to be beneficial for you to study this course.
- Clinical Methods in Ayurveda – K.K. R. S Murthy
- History of Medicine in Indian Acharya
- Sanskrit Ayurveda Sudha – Dr. BL Gaur
- Text Book of Pathology – William Bides
- Clinical Pathology and Bacteriology – S.P. Gupta
- History of Indian Medicine (1-3 Part) – Dr. Girindranath Mukhopadhyay
- Psycho Pathology in Indian Medicine – Dr. SP Gupta
- Indian Medicine in the Classical Age Acharya
- Ayurvedic Human Anatomy
B.A.M.S Colleges Universities
1. BAMS Colleges in Maharashtra
The colleges under Maharashtra include government and private colleges, in which we will give you information about all the major colleges along with some major cities.
BAMS Government Colleges in Maharashtra
- Government Ayurveda College – Nagpur
- Government Ayurveda College – Nanded
- Government Ayurveda College – Osmanabad
- RA Podar Ayurveda Medical College – Mumbai
- Ayurveda Prasarak Mandal College – Mumbai
- Ashtanga Ayurveda College – Pune
- KG Mittal Ayurveda College – Mumbai
- Ayurveda Seva Sangh Ayurved College – Nashik
- Sri Ayurveda College – Nagpur
- Seth Chandamal Mutha Aryangal Vaidyak College – Satara
- Government Ayurveda College – Jalgaon
- Dayabhai Mavji Majethiya Ayurveda College – Yavatmal
- KVT Randhir Ayurved College – Shirpur
- Radhakrishna Toshniwal Ayurveda College – Akola, etc.
Private BAMS Colleges in Maharashtra
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Science – Wardha
- Sumatibai Shah Ayurveda College – Pune
- PDEA College of Ayurveda and Research Center – Pune
- SSTS Ayurveda Medical College – Ahmednagar
- CSMSS Ayurveda College and Rugnalaya – Aurangabad
- Bhausaheb Muk Ayurved University and Hospital – Nagpur
- Vidarbha Ayurveda College – Amravati
- Kedari Ayurveda Medical College – Kolhapur
- Manjara Ayurveda Medical College and Hospital – Latur
- Tilak Ayurveda College – Pune
- Nalasopara Ayurveda College – Thane
- Lokanate Rajaram Bapu Patil Ayurvedic Medical College – Sangli
- Sri Saptashringi Ayurveda College and Hospital – Nashik, etc.
2. BAMS Colleges in Bangalore
- Bapuji Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital
- Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine and Research
- Shri JG Cooperative Hospital & Research Institute
- Sri Kalabryaveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic Medical College, Hospital and Research Institute
- Sri Sri College of Ayurvedic Science and Research Institute
- SDM Institute of Ayurveda, etc.
3. BAMS Colleges in Rajasthan
- Tantia University – Sriganganagar
- Jyoti Vidyapeeth Women’s University – Jaipur
- Madhav University- Sirohi
- National Institute of Ayurveda – Jaipur
- Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan Rajasthan Ayurvedic University – Jodhpur
- Bhagwant University – Ajmer
- Madan Mohan Malaviya Government Ayurveda Medical College – Udaipur
- Shri Bhanwar Lal Dugar Ayurvedic Vishwabharati – Churu
- Shekhawati Ayurved Medical College Hospital – Jhunjhunu
- Kala Ashram Ayurveda Medical College and Hospital – Udaipur, etc.
4. BAMS Colleges in UP
- Banaras Hindu University – Varanasi
- Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University – Kanpur
- Rama University – Kanpur
- Institute of Medical Sciences – Varanasi
- Glocal University – Saharanpur
- Sanskriti University – Mathura
- Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University – Bareilly
- Aligarh Yunani Ayurvedic Medical College and ACN Hospital – Aligarh
- Major SD Sing Ayurvedic College and Hospital – Farrukhabad
- Divya Jyoti Ayurvedic Medical College – Ghaziabad, etc.
5. BAMS Colleges in Karnataka
- Yenepoya University – Mangalore
- Hillside Academy – Bangur
- AVS Ayurveda College – Vijapur
- KLE University – Belgaum
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science – Bangalore
- Acharya Deshbhushan Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital – Belgaum
- DGM Ayurvedic Medical College – Gadag
- Shri Basaveshwar Vidya Vardhak Sangh Ayurvedic Medical College – Bagalkot
- Shri Vijay Mahantesh Vidya Vardhak Sangh Ayurvedic Medical College – Bagalkot
- Sri Jagadguru Gavi Siddheshwara Ayurvedic Medical College – Koppal
- JSS Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital – Mysore
- Arur Laxminarayan Rao Memorial Ayurvedic Medical College – Koppa
- TMAES Ayurvedic Medical College – Shimoga
- Alwas Ayurvedic Medical College – Moodabidri
- Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College – Dodballapura
- Sri Raghavendra Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital – Chitradurga
- Ayurvedic College and Hospital – Hubli, etc.
6. BAMS Colleges in MP
- Government Ashtanga Ayurveda College – Indore
- LN Ayurveda College and Hospital – Bhopal
- Pandit Dr. Shiv Shakti Lal Sharma Ayurvedic Medical College – Ratlam
- Pandit Khushilal Sharma Government Autonomous Ayurveda College and Institute – Bhopal
- Shubhdeep Ayurveda Medical College and Hospital – Indore
- Government Autonomous Dhanvantari Ayurveda College- Ujjain
- Government Autonomous Ayurveda College and Hospital – Gwalior
- Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University – Jabalpur
- Mandsaur University – Mandsaur, etc.
7. BAMS Colleges in Bihar
- Dr. Ambedkar Bihar University – Muzaffarpur
- Aryabhata Knowledge University – Patna
- Government Ayurvedic College Hospital – Patna
- Shri Moti Sing Jageshwari Ayurved College And Hospital – Chapra
- Dayanand Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital – Siwan, etc.
Course After BAMS
As BAMS education is a bachelor’s degree degree, after completing it, you can do some courses given below;
- MD in Ayurveda
- LLB, etc.
PG Courses after BAMS
Some post graduation courses are given below, which you can choose as higher education after completing BAMS course.
- MBA (Hospital Healthcare Management)
- MD / MS (Ayurveda)
- M.Sc Health Sciences
- M.Sc Nutrition, etc.
Fellowship Courses after BAMS
Some fellowship courses have been given to you here, which you can do after B.A.M.S.
- Post Graduate Fellowship Courses in Panchkarma
- Post Graduate Certificate Course in Kshatra Sutra
Career Options after BAMS
As BAMS is a medical education course, there are some employment options given below. All these posts are available in private and public sector.
- The doctor
- Teacher in ayurvedic college
- The manager
- Clinical research associate
- Health supervisor
- Medical Supervisor, etc.
As after completing the BAMS course of medicine, there is an opportunity to work in various positions in the public and private sector, in which salary is given according to the post and employment sector. However, as an independent practitioner, one can also work on this course.
As a doctor, a salary of about twenty thousand to fifty thousand per month is given in private and government hospitals.
So in this way we have given you information about BAMS course on almost all kinds of issues, which will definitely benefit you. Hope you have liked the information given by this article, to read more topics related to such education, please read our other articles. Many thanks for staying connected with us.
Most asked questions on this subject
1. How old is a BAMS course?
Ans: Half past five years old.
2. Do I have to take the eligibility test for admission to BAMS?
3. What is the full form of BAMS?
Ans: Bachelor of Ayurvedic and Medicine and Surgery.
4. Can I take admission for MS course in Gynecology after BAMS course?
Ans: No, so you have to complete the MD in obstetric system course. The level of this course is of the level of gynecologist.
Request: If you like BAMS Course, then do share Facebook, WhatsApp and any social media platform and Friends.