In this important article, you will be able to get the complete basic information about such nursing related midwifery diploma course ANM, in which you will be able to understand and know the eligibility, duration and other important things for admission in this course. Interested person wants to take admission in this course, they will be able to get help through information.
Often these colleagues are most in need at a maternity center or maternity hospital, where female colleagues see us for help with nurses.
In the absence of major physicians, generally the responsibility of many health and treatment related responsibilities depends on nurses and junior level doctors. Nurses need their co-workers to handle all these things smoothly.
Often we see that in the field of medicine, many big hospitals have many other colleagues besides leading doctors, including nurses, junior level practitioners, and cleaning staff etc.
Whether it is a public or a private hospital, it is absolutely necessary to make a system and to keep a lot of medical related services available to all people everywhere.
In the common language, these colleagues are called ‘midwives’, which in medical terms have been referred to as ‘midwifery’. All these colleagues are present in maternity center or hospital, who are trained to handle all these things.
However, training related courses for doing such tasks are also present in the education system, in which knowledge of all basic things is imparted.
ANM Full Form or What is ANM Course
The full form of ANM is “auxiliary nursing midwifery”, which is related to peer in nursing ‘midwife’. In which the students admitted in this course have all the necessary knowledge to work with nurses, Provided and trained.
The curriculum of this course provides all kinds of information related to medicine, health and the need to become a colleague. The person completing this type of education not only in the professional field but also in social life and personal life as a health colleague. Be able to handle the responsibilities.
There is a great need for such colleagues in maternity home, who are quite capable of taking care of newborns and their mothers. This is a diploma level certificate course, we will give further details about it.
ANM Course Duration
The fixed duration of this diploma course is 2 years, failing which most of the time means increase in the fixed duration of this course.
ANM Course Fees
The fee for education in this course varies from 10,000 to 65,000 annually, which can be anywhere from 1 lakh to 1 lakh 40 thousand if you take out the fee for the whole course. On the other hand, in private institution or college this fee is increased.
We will look at the fee of this educational program in various states, such as the information about the education fee of some states is given as follows.
If a student goes outside the home to complete this course in other city, then other expenses are also added to it.
1. ANM Course Fees in Rajasthan
Education fees ranging from about 1 lakh to 3.5 lakh are for this education in the colleges of this state, in which there may be some difference according to the selection of your college.
2. ANM Course Fees in UP
In this state, the total fee for this education varies between 1 lakh to 5 lakhs, in which the basic difference in education fee is according to the selection of the university. As if you take admission in a public college for this course, then compared to a private college, your expenses are much less.
3. ANM Course Fees in Maharashtra
The fee for this education under public college in the state of Maharashtra is about 85,000 per annum, which according to the entire course is up to 1 lakh 15 thousand. In the same private college, the tuition fee is up to 6 lakhs.
4. ANM Course Fees in Bihar
In Bihar, the total fees of AN and AM in a private college is about 1.5 lakhs. In the same public colleges, these fees are very low, which is up to about 10,000.
ANM Course Admission Process
As the admission process is completed in two ways for admission in this course, in which either the students are determined on the basis of the total marks obtained in class 12th. Apart from this, admission in certain colleges is decided on the basis of the marks of the eligibility test for this course.
1. Direct admission
In this, the students are decided on the basis of the total marks of their class 12th, where merit list is put in the college on the basis of applications for all the admissions received.
Such merit list is also issued on the official website of colleges, in which the high scoring students are given the program.
2. Based on Entrance exam
As students are selected on the basis of eligibility test in some colleges, some such eligibility test is given as follows.
- JIPMER Nursing Entrance Exam
- Indian Army Nursing and GNM
- PGIMER Nursing
On the basis of the entrance examination marks given above, admission to students is decided in some colleges.
ANM Course Eligibility
The eligibility for admission in this course is as follows.
- It is mandatory to pass minimum 12th standard from science, commerce or arts branch.
- The minimum average marks in class 12th should be up to 50 percent.
- The minimum age of the person desirous of admission should be from 14 years to maximum 35 years.
ANM Course Syllabus
Below we have given the complete syllabus of this education sequence, after reading this, you will get more information related to this course.
ANM 1st Year Syllabus
- Child Health & Nursing-1
- Primary Healthcare Nursing
- Neonatal care unit
- Health Promotion and Nutrition
- Community Health and Nursing
- Environmental sanitation
- Post natal care
- Prevention of Diseases and Restoration of Health
- Internal / labor room
ANM 2nd Year Syllabus
- Child Health and Health Nursing – 2
- Health Center Management Practical
- Midwifery practical
- Health Center Management Theory
- Antenatal ward
- Midwifery theory
As the colleges and education institutions related to nursing and allied education are available all over India, the information of some such prominent colleges is given as follows.
- Parul University – Gujarat
- Happy Child College of Nursing – Sonipat (Haryana)
- N. IMS University – Jaipur
- Bihar Institute of Nursing and Paramedical – Patna
- Pratima Institute of Medical Science – Karimnagar
- Shri Guru Ram Rai University – Dehradun
- Tirthankar Mahaveer Mahavidyalaya – Moradabad
- Apollo College of Physiotherapy – Durg
- Universal Group of Institutions – Ambala
- Bhavana Institute of Medical Science and Research – Bhubaneswar
- Mohammad Ali Juhar University – Rampur
- Rama University – Kanpur
- Tilak Maharashtra University – Pune
- Swami Vivekananda Subharti University – Mirat
- Delhi Institute of Technology and Paramedical Sciences – New Delhi
- Sarvodaya Hospital & Research Center – Faridabad
- Sainath University – Ranchi
- Sangam University – Bhilwara
- Bhagwant University – Ajmer
- Vidyadip Group of College and School – Surat
- Bengal University of Health Science – Ludhiana
- Bel Air College of Nursing – Satara (Maharashtra)
- Giriraj Nursing School – Baramati
- Godavari College of Nursing – Jalgaon
- Indira Gandhi Nursing School – Nagpur
- Kalavati Institute of Nursing Education – New Mumbai
- KT Patil College of B.Sc Nursing and School of Nursing – Osmanabad
- Maa Gayatri School of Nursing – Navsari (Amravati – Maharashtra)
- Maharashtra Institute of Nursing Sciences – Latur
- Mahatma Phule Paramedical College – Akola
- Post Graduate College of Nursing – Gwalior
- Kushabhau Thakre Nursing College – Bhopal
- Parijat College – Indore
- Magadh ANM Training School – Patna
- National Institute of Health Education and Research – Patna
- Karnataka Group of Colleges – Bangalore
- Matrishri Ramabai Ambedkar College of Nursing – Bangalore
- ANM Training School – Dindigul (Tamil Nadu)
- School of Nursing – Thiruvallur
- Health and Family Welfare Center – Chennai
- SVS Medical College – Mahabubnagar
- Mother Teresa College of Nursing – Hyderabad
- Tirumala Medical Academy – Nizamabad
- Government TD Medical College – Alappuzha
- Travancore Medical College Hospital – Kollam
- Cochin Medical College- Cochin, etc.
Job Opportunities and Salary After ANM.
Following are the details of some of the major posts, on which one gets a job after completing this course easily.
- Staff nurse
- Teacher – Nursing School
- Senior Nurse Educator
- Home nurse
- ICU Nurse
- Community health worker
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Forensic nurse
All the above posts are present in both private and public sector of medical, where you can get salary according to this field. Generally these posts are given salary package or pay scale ranging from two lakh to three and a half lakhs per annully.
In this way, by completing this diploma course of 2 years duration, you can create a good golden future, which is an educational course especially for the female section.
I hope that you must have liked all the basic information related to the course given above and you will definitely benefit in life. Must read the articles made on our other topics and reach out to more people, many thanks for staying connected with us.
- BCA Course Details
- How to Make a Career in Aeronautical Engineering
- Diploma Courses after Graduation
- Study Tips for Medical Students
- how to do PhD
Frequently asked questions on this Topic
1. What is the full form of ANM?
Ans: ANM’s full form is “auxiliary nursing midwifery”.
2. What is the duration of ANM, the course of nursing?
Ans: 2 years.
3. What level of education is ANM?
Ans: Diploma certificate level.
4. I want to get admission in ANM, what is its education fee?
Ans: The fee for the entire course is between 1.5 lakh to 3.5 lakh, which is decided according to the selection of your private or public college.
5. Can I get a job in public sector after doing ANM course?